- The Senior IS Security Engineer role is the third level of a three level career path. The Senior IT Security Engineer, under limited supervision, is responsible for the proper design, implementation, management, and monitoring of the technical securityarchitecture, processes and systems. This position is responsible for giving technical guidance and operational leadership to IT Security Engineers and other IS Technical security staff. This position is also responsible for developing and conducting a comprehensive risk based technical security and compliance audits within, or across technical corridors. This senior level position requires both a strategic and tactical focus, with strong technical and compliance knowledge including, but not limited to, network, platform, and application securitytechnologies as well as, HIPAA, Security/Privacy, Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery, NIST based security and risk management standards, and industry best practice security standards. Other activities may include developing, implementing and managing security policies, procedures and standards.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study or equivalent experience.
- 5years of IT experience in complex environments with extensive knowledge of computer networking and platforms, including (but not limited to) network operating systems; firewalls; intrusion detection/prevention systems; wireless security including wireless intrusion prevention systems; web proxies; vulnerability scanning technologies; VPN’s; Windows and Unix-based platforms; identity management; IT incident response; and networkarchitecture.
- Professional certification in technical security or within a relevant networking or platform technology.
- Strong working knowledge of application security concepts from a secure coding, secure design, and ongoing change management and monitoring perspective.
- Demonstrated level of organizational skills necessary to support business and process analysis, project planning and definition, and process implementation in moderate to complex environments.
- Mentoring skills.
- Able to lead others to complete project and/or team goals.
- Strong collaboration and negotiation skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to overcome obstacles across technology and process boundaries.
- Articulate effectively both in written and oral form, and collaboratewith multiple teams regarding security and privacy obligations and duties.