Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum's financial protection benefits help protect more than 33 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum's three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses – Unum US, Colonial Life, and Starmount Life – are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum has significant US operations in Portland, Maine, Worcester, Massachusetts, and Glendale, California with over 35 field offices nationwide. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with over 40 field offices nationwide. Starmount Life is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is the dental and vision center of excellence for Unum in the US.
To help facilitate company growth and transformation, Unum is seeking a recruiter to support our Corporate IT department. This global shared service organization works across all divisions and spans everything from applications, digital technologies, analytics, cybersecurity, infrastructure and more. This role will be responsible for managing job requisitions, screening candidates, sourcing of passive candidates, and driving the full life-cycle recruitment process to completion.
This is a critical role that has a dramatic impact on business performance and candidate experience in support of a global function that is growing and diversifying its scope. Individuals should have 7-15 years of direct responsibility for recruitment, with experience managing client interactions. Experience contacting and cultivating passive candidates preferred. Experience supporting diversity recruitment preferred. Corporate experience preferred.
This position is required onsite in one of the following home office locations:
Chattanooga, TN; Portland, ME; Columbia, SC
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Development and execution of comprehensive sourcing and recruitment strategies for openings within our IT department
- Development and implementation of selection strategies, programs and tools.
- Influence, consult, collaborate and be a thought leader to Hiring Managers, Human Resources Business Partners, Talent Acquisition leaders and peers
- Development of strong rapport/working relationships with diverse audiences including but not limited to business management; professional organizations, academic administration; student organizations, vendors and community resources
- Ability to quickly establish rapport and credibility with candidates and project a positive image of the company
- Expertly cold call, network, recruit and close candidates.
- Consult and educate managers and selection teams on recruiting and selection-related topics and issues.
- Provide a high level of customer service in consulting with and guiding hiring managers in comprehensive recruitment and staffing issues, policies, and processes.
- Proactively source and identify candidates for pipeline and introduce to hiring managers.
- Seek out and acquire expertise and “best practices” in recruiting and selection; serve as “practice leader” among peers to facilitate knowledge transfer.
- Set challenging performance goals and high performance standards to support achievement of business results.
- Provide expertise on the regional employment market to ensure competitiveness in hiring
- Develop alternative recruiting strategies as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- BA, BS, or equivalent work experiencepreferred, additional certification a plus (SPHR, PHR, CIR, CRC, etc.)
- 7 + years or more of successful recruitment and selection experience
- IT Recruitment experiencerequired
- ATS experiencerequired; WorkDay experiencepreferred
- Excellent sourcing, recruiting, interviewing and assessment skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- An expert level of knowledge in all full life-cycle recruiting components including, but not limited to, sourcing, qualifying, networking, assessing, legal, job analysis, wage and salary trends, relationship management, and due diligence
- Excellent negotiation, decision making and persuasion skills
- Excellent rapport building skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in setting own direction within broad parameters
- Solid understanding of HR policies, and familiarity with staffing models and workforce planning issues
- Understanding of the competitive forces influencing the job market/applicant pool and creatively addressing alternate recruiting strategies
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Demonstrated ability to function/recruit on a national/international, multi-location level
- Strong technical aptitude: extensive use of internet as a vehicle for sourcing, job postings and researching; Ability to effectively utilize any recruiting systems for tracking and managing applicants; Ability to grasp MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to perform at both strategic and tactical levels