Senior IT Quality Assurance Manager This position will be responsible for overseeing the Test Management Office in support of the Enterprise Quality Engineering group. This role will work closely with internal partners, dedicated staff, stakeholders and external partners to ensure workflow requirements, scope and completion expectations are defined and delivered. In addition, this role will oversee the proactive and real-time resource allocation needs for meeting time and quality expectations associated with project timeframes and needs. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages test analysts, coordinators, and managers in the support of testing specific programs, projects, and application specific upgrades or maintenance releases.
- Responsible for developing enterprise standards for test plans, testing strategies and test cases.
- Plans and ensures goals are met. Responsible for hiring, training, and supervising staff.
- Responsible for overseeing the testing of software and confirmations to the business of status and outcomes.
- Develop and communicate testing strategy to team, stakeholders and partners.
- Translate solution details into testing requirements and objectives.
- Proactively manage internal and external testing according to project/release scope and time expectations.
- Partner with Testing teams to leverage best practices .
- Work closely with functional product streams and development to understand lifecycle and details of solutions.
- Build and maintain relationships with key business partners, stakeholders and external partners to manage workflow, prioritization and performance expectations.
- Oversee the team responsible for defining how the enterprise will prepare test plans, business cases, criteria definition, test execution, manage test environments and test data.
- Works closely with cross functional teams from internal departments.
- Has responsibility for development plans, performance reviews and other appropriate HR activities for the team members.
- Analyzes and organizes area operations, enterprise policies and procedures.
- Monitors and evaluates area production.
- Revises or creates procedures to improve efficiency of workflow.
- Oversee any requiredreporting.
Responsible for first levelsupportduring end user testing
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experiencerequired.
- 6+ years of experience in software testing, software testing practices and processes.
- Experience with automation testing tools and strategies.
- Software testing experience for Financial Institutions other large institution IT shops preferred.
- Supervisory or Management and project management experiencerequired.
- A combination of education and experience may meet requirements.
- Requires expert knowledge of software testing, software testing practices and processes.
- Strong platform knowledge for web-based, mainframe and/or client server applications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Solid project management, organizational, time management and judgment skills.
Mission for Head of Test Management Office: To ensure a high quality, low risk implementation of our Core Transformation program by improving targeted testing capabilities in the short term, setting up a culture and a practice to incrementally improve our testing maturity across the enterprise. Outcomes:
- Complete the initial stand up of our Test Management Office, focused on the bank’s Core Transformation Project (3-6Months)
- Standardize terms, processes, metrics, reporting across divisions
- Define Test Environment Management process and oversee execution
- Hire initial team to support Test Data Management
- Finalize Test PM roster
- Deliver Release2 of the Core Transformation Project (18Months)
- Support the programs focus on risk-based, shift-left thinking to improve program quality and ensure the delivery date is met with an acceptable level of risk
- Daily oversight of Test PMs, Test Environment Managers, Test Data Management in support of $100MM dollar project.
- Deliver Executive Level Status on Testing Activity and Program Quality
- Create and maintain a culture of continuous improvements (6Months)
- In the Test Management Office
- In support of divisional Testing Teams
- In support of our Project Management Office
- Complete the delivery our Test Data Obfuscation Practice (6Months)
- Implement engagement process with Enterprise Data Governance and Project Management Office
- Implement delivery process
- Implement daily operation model
- Develop Testing Practice Roadmap (1-2years)
- Lead the organization through a detailed Testing Maturity Assessment
- Lead the organization through a prioritization of opportunities
- Develop a three-year plan and continuous review process