Senior IT Project Manager
Department:Corp TechLocation:Watertown, MA
START YOUR APPLICATION
VHB’s growing Technology team is looking for a Sr. Project Manager to join our Applied Technologies Team.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, designers and technologists who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Function as a senior project manager on projects that the Applied Technologies Team has won.
- Work with other project managers and/or technical staff on developing appropriate scopes of service, contract terms and conditions, labor and expense budgets and schedules.
- Conduct Requirements Analysis workshops with clients and effectively document project/solution requirements.
- Participate in Conceptual Design workshops with both clients and VHB technical staff, and facilitate discussions to arrive at the most appropriate technical solutions.
- Work with the Applied Technologies team on strategies for delivery, and oversee the execution of the project through to success
- Take a leadership role with building the externally focused technology practice, target potential customers, and close new service engagements.
- Act as account executive to develop, manage, and maintain excellent relationships with existing and prospective target clients. Leverage existing business relationships with key vendors, business partners, and agencies into new clients, partners, and projects for VHB.
- Actively participate in external industry organizations.
- Participate in the establishment and execution of Applied Technologies group goals regarding business development, human resources, finance, and quality assurance/control.
- Provide high-level thinking and leadership on major and critical issues regarding staff recruitment and retention, business planning, and project management.
- Participate in the development and advancement of corporate goals, as appropriate, in collaboration with senior leaders and in concert and balance with group, office, practice area, and regional responsibilities.
- Deploy expertise for strategic market, client, and project pursuits in the Applied Technology Services areas.
- Participate in the Applied Technologies Services Team’s organizational initiatives.
- Execute technical aspects of projects VHB has won employing current and future skills.
- Act as a mentor to junior staff providing project management expertise, technical guidance and direction with respect to assuring the successful delivery of projects we work on.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to think critically
- Knowledge of RDBM Systems, Microsoft Technologies and Esri ArcGIS Platform deployment and configurations
- Interest in learning new technologies
- Motivated to lead and mentor others
- Familiarity with the Agile/SCRUM methodology.
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in an IT/GIS leadership role
- Experience successfully managing multiple vendors to accomplish initiatives
- Track record of successful technology implementations
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for nearly 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.