TESSCO is currently looking for a Senior IT Project Manager to work out of the Timonium, MD location.
The role of the Senior IT Project Manager is responsible for full life-cycle of projects from initiation to completion. This will include coordinating the efforts of multiple teams across the organization (Business and IT) along with third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan. The Senior IT Project Manager will be expected to manage multiple projects of large scale complexity and size at the same time. Defines project scope and objectives. Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
- Manages assigned project(s) by overseeing the phases of initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and closing. All while ensuring the project is on course.
- Ensures communication with stakeholders by effectively communicating relevant project information such as: developing and delivering progress reports, proposals, requirement documentation and presentations.
- Manages project budget by making every effort to keep projects within cost constraints.
- Manage implementation and development deliverables using established project management tools, templates, and techniques
- Focus project resources to deliver high quality work, while driving to committed dates, and managing risk
- Steer projects around obstacles to a successful completion with a view on committed dates
- Manage to identified KPI’s and success indicators for the project
- Developing, teaching and training of project management techniques and methodologies to junior PM's, or non-project management personnel
- Interfaces with project team leads (IT and Business) to identify resource constraints and conflicts to mitigate project risk
- Assists in the staffing of projects. Organizes project team members to ensure communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives. Participates in work as applicable.
- Drives the project to make sure that the critical issues are identified, resolved or escalated to make sure that the project delivers successfully
- Manages expectations for agreed upon project performance by obtaining, providing and monitoring project metrics. Recommends changes or alternate paths based upon performance and metrics.
- Oversees assigned personnel for projects. Assigns work and provides direction with regard to timeliness and completion of project objectives. Addresses performance issues within prescribed guidelines. Provides performance input upon completion of project.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field is required
- Master’s Degree in Information Systems or MBA is a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant and progressive experience in managing medium to large projects
- Project Management Professional certification from PMI is preferred.
- Highly organized, and the ability to multi-task competing priorities
- Very good knowledge of business expectations in terms of IT Services.
- Experience in managing two or more full cycle implementations of large-scale Enterprise and Web based projects is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with business and IT partners of all levels along with communication across multiple IT disciplines (Development, Infrastructure, etc.)