We are looking for Senior IT Project Manager - Technical Lead - Cyber Security Program for our client in Boston, MA
Job Title: Senior IT Project Manager - Technical Lead - Cyber Security Program
Job Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- The client is seeking a highly skilled Senior IT Project Manager-Technical Lead who will be responsible for managing, planning and organizing all project tasks and activities for our current Cyber Security Program in addition to the reporting of such activities to the PMO and various levels of management.
The incumbent will work closely with IT department staff members, experienced information security professionals, vendors as well as with all levels of the organization across multiple technical and business functions to provide project management support for our security program initiatives across multiple work streams that include:
- PCI Compliance
- Commonwealth of MA Security Directives Compliance
- Asset Management
- Vulnerability Management
- Privileged Access Management
- Mobile Device Management
- Application Migration to Cloud Services
- He/She must be able to adapt, thrive, navigate, and succeed in a large, multi-dimensional environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities.
- Candidate must have experience project managing security programs and initiatives and a proven track record of successful vendor and stakeholder management.
- Facilitate and lead the definition of the project scope, project management/SDLC approach, milestones, tasks, deliverables and resource requirements
- Create and manage detailed project plans and schedules, status reports, risk and issue logs, budget/ongoing project forecast of resources and materials and other related artifacts
- Manage vendor performance and drive deliverables to meet agreed upon target dates and levels of quality
- Assist in resolving project issues that may arise; and
- Assist in the escalation of issues upon notification of such situations by vendor/s
- Ensure that projects are conducted in compliance with all department standards, policies and guidelines.
- Apply appropriate levels of tailoring to meet project-specific needs, while still operating within standard project management framework.
- Minimum of 10 years Project Management experience with 5 years in IT Security or related field
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related degree
- Knowledge of Basic application, operational and infrastructuresecurity principles and guidelines
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are required
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are essential and required
- Appropriate behavior when handling sensitive and confidential situations
- Proven experience in vendor management in a large, complex project.
- Proven experience in negotiating and organizing project deliverables and timing within a complex business environment in order to manage stakeholder's expectations.
- Excellent customer relationship management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deliver Project Plan, Risk log, Issues log, Status Reports, Resource Plans, Project Team meetings and other project related activities
- Ability to resolve conflicts between security and business objectives
- Ability to present/participate in executive meetings to discuss project status and drive decision making in order to deliver the project on time and on budget
- IT security consulting/advisory experience a plus
- PMP and CSM Certification helpful but not required.
- Deep knowledge of external risk and control frameworks such as COBIT, ISO27001, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, PCI DSS, and IT related internal controls
- CISSP, CISA, CISM or comparable industry certification preferred
- Progressive experience with IT Audit, Information Technology, Finance or Accounting
- Knowledge of and prior experience with state and local government entities.
- Demonstrated experience with various SDLC methodologies from Waterfall to Agile/Scrum