Senior IT Project Manager - Technical Lead
We are looking for Senior IT Project Manager - Technical Lead for our client in Boston, MA
Job Title: Senior IT Project Manager - Technical Lead
Job Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- The client is seeking a highly skilled Senior IT Project Manager-Technical Lead to provide project leadership for a critical security program across multiple work streams to remediate high risk vulnerabilities discovered during the department's initial vendor and internal vulnerability assessments.
- Completion of these deliverables will facilitate not only the clients but also the MBTA's compliance validation, security augmentation and data management of confidential and sensitive information.
- The Senior IT Project Manager-Technical Lead will be responsible for the coordination and reporting of the project-related activities of joint-team infrastructure resources as well as vendor professional services.
- The scope of services encompasses three focus areas:
- Active Directory Remediation Services
- Network Security Remediation Services
- Technical Validation of Results
- This individual will work very closely with the Information Security team and interact with all levels of the organization across multiple technical and business functions.
- He/She must be able to adapt, thrive, navigate, and succeed in a large, multi-dimensional environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities.
- Candidate must have security program management experience and a proven track record of successful vendor and stakeholder management.
- Key responsibilities:
- Coordinate, manage and report on project priorities, detailed task plans and schedules;
- Facilitate the scheduling of interviews and workshops with key stakeholders;
- Assist with obtaining data and documents required by vendor/s to carry out engagement;
- Coordinate results discussions;
- Notify stakeholders in writing of any project or performance issues;
- Assist in resolving project issues that may arise; and
- Assist in the escalation of issues upon notification of such situations by vendor/s
- Minimum of 10 years Project Management experience with 5 years in IT Security or related field
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related degree
- Knowledge of Basic application, operational and infrastructuresecurity principles and guidelines
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are required
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are essential and required
- Appropriate behavior when handling sensitive and confidential situations
- Proven experience in vendor management in a large, complex project.
- Proven experience in negotiating and organizing project deliverables and timing within a complex business environment in order to manage stakeholder's expectations.
- Excellent customer relationship management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deliver Project Plan, Risk log, Issues log, Status reports, Resource Plans, project team meetings and other project related activities
- Ability to resolve conflicts between security and business objectives
- Ability to present/participate in executive meetings to discuss project status and drive decision making in order to deliver the project on time and on budget
- Experience within government a plus
- IT security consulting/advisory experience a plus