About the role:
The Senior IT Project Manager role has responsibility for defining and maintaining the process compliance function, planning and conducting process compliance audits, providing support to the Leaders of the Enterprise Project Quality Assurance (EPQA) process as well as taking a leading role in the governance and reporting functions in the ePMO. The role has a direct reporting relationship to the Director, Governance & Reporting. The successful candidate for this position should have good overall knowledge of the project and software development lifecycles as well as completing IT audits.
- Provide governance and oversight of IT project, program and portfolio management practices enterprise wide
- Support the Project and Portfolio Management tool rollout, training and operational support
- Create processes, checklists, sampling strategies, and other enablers for performing IT process and work product audits.
- Plan and conduct IT audits to verify compliance to Enterprise Services processes.
- Share compliance and non-compliance results with the respective project teams and work units (including the process improvement team).
- Facilitate noncompliance issues to closure.
- Provide training on PPM as well as audit related activities such as process and work product audits.
- Support facilitation of the Enterprise Project Quality Assurance (EPQA) initiative which leverages senior leaders (VPs and AVPs) who provide recommendations for project improvements for Sun Life’s largest, global programs
- Work with a global Working Group to maintain and enhance the framework, governance procedures, and guidelines for the EPQA Program including the PM Fit Assessment and the Quality Assurance Reviews at different stages of the project’s lifecycle
- Support the role of EPQA process activities including planning of reviews, updating documentation, gathering artifacts etc.
- Provide compliance support for policies and standards that the ePMO manages
- Proven experience with identifying improvement opportunities, defining and implementing new processes
- Work with multi-site project teams across time zones
- University degree or equivalent
- Familiarity with insurance and the finance industry
- 7-10 years demonstrated project management experience leading large and complex technical and application development projects
- PMP certification or equivalent
- Familiarity with CMMI
- Experience with Agile delivery and DevOp mindsets
- A seasoned individual with experience in planning and conducting IT audits
- Should be able to articulate value addition due to process compliance
- Should have strong relationship building skills
- Should have good planning, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively
- Ability to communicate at all levels, including at the senior leadership level, with clarity and precision (verbal & written)
- Observe and suggest continuous improvements to the project management practice
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize a wide range of tasks
- Should have knowledge of project management and software development methodology.