This Senior IT Project Manager directs, administers, and manages new and continuing IT projects. In this role, you will collaborate with the IT Director, customers, vendors, stakeholders, and project teams on large IT projects to complete project deliverables in accordance with their project plan. The primary directive of this role is to drive the entire effort from start to finish, managing the execution of projects within the constraints of budget, schedule and scope while minimizing risk and ensuring adherence to established processes and methodologies.
While deep IT expertise is not required, the ideal candidate will, at a minimum, have multiple years of experience working in a technology field or environment. The ideal candidate will also have advanced knowledge of project management methodologies and basic knowledge of program management and be able to identify the current state of a project, and implement the necessary tools and techniques to bring the project to a successful conclusion. PMP Certification will be considered a plus, but is not a strict requirement.
General Responsibilities include:
- Manage medium to large IT sponsored or influenced projects
- Work with business/functional project owners to ensure scope is explicitly defined, documented and maintained
- Review contracts, non-disclosure documents and statements of work from external vendors and partners
- Ensure projects are delivered on schedule and meet quality standards by establishing and adhering to a project plan.
- Establish and execute a project communication plan
- Facilitate and lead project stakeholder and project team meetings
- Demonstrate successful team leadership, stakeholder management, process adherence, accountability, learning agility and risk management capabilities
- Identify all project risks and develop mitigation strategies/plans
Preferred candidates will have:
- At least 7 years project management experience
- Demonstrated recent and verifiable success with large and complex IT projects
- Proven experience managing in-house and off-site resources
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency utilizing project management tools
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Instinctive qualities of accountability and follow-through
Tracking Code 9647