- Ensure that projects are delivered within committed scope, schedule and budget.
- Ensure that stakeholder expectations are managed through the process.
- Ensure subject matter experts are leveraged to assemble appropriate plans for delivery.
- Ensure timely risk and issue management & escalations accordingly.
- Proactively address variances to scope, schedule and budget.
- Experience using various estimating methodologies to create a basis of estimate.
- Ensure that projects follow the established governance processes and methodologies.
- Proactively manage resource needs on assigned initiatives.
- Ensure timely management and reporting of project forecasts.
- Work with Stakeholders and/or Scrum Masters to align on Statement of Work for assigned initiatives, and perform appropriate tracking.
- Submit forecasts, project change requests and closures timely.
- Work with stakeholders to build trust and credibility, establish a working relationship, understand their concerns and help them understand impediments.
Lead by Example
- Contribute to Business Technology and Portfolio team meetings to encourage transparency of information, discussion of issues and consistent direction.
- Model and share best practices with other team members and drive improvements in governance and Portfolio related processes
- Provide mentoring and coaching to less experienced team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree or more than ten (10) years’ experience in IT project management
- Experience with tools supporting Agile methodology (VSTS, Jira, etc.)
- PMP certification
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification
- Five (5) or more years’ experience managing application development and/or infrastructure projects
- Experience managing third party vendors
- Experience managing budgets (including hardware, software and labor)
- Ability to manage as many as five or more smaller projects at one time
- Superior oral and written communication skills.