The Sr. IT Project Manager reports to the Vice President of Information Systems, Sr. Director of IT or an IT Director and is responsible for managing one or more IT related projects within the constraints of scope quality time and cost to deliver specified requirements and meet customer satisfaction. Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects Responsible for decisions to effectively manage scope, quality, timeframes and budget of projects.
Ability to develop and maintain systems for administrative feedback monitor and evaluate information, and to make necessary adjustments to procedures and program implementation. Ability to organize, create and maintain documents and effectively communicate status of project to all levels of the organization. Develops and maintains Project Documents which may include Scope documents, project plans and communication plans. Must be able to accurately forecasts, plans, prepares and monitors budget for assigned projects.
· Bachelor’s degree preferably in Information Systems, Business Administration, Management or project management; Master’s DegreePreferred; Work experience may be substituted for degree where appropriate
· Thorough knowledge of health care insurance related business operations
· Knowledge and understanding of the interrelationship of business process and Information Systems applications
· Thorough knowledge of the project management lifecycle; Must be knowledgeable with both waterfall and agileproject management
· Project Management Certification preferred or previous project managementexperience
· Demonstrated experience in project management or management as acquired during 5 - 10 years of progressive experience; Project Management or management experiencerequired
· Comfortable with indirect management of individual project teams
· Experience in the preparation of Request for Proposals, participation in cost benefit analysis, vendor selection, contract negotiation and implementation of new software in a cost effective and productive manner
· Demonstrated experience showing ability to be sensitive and adapt to larger political, economic and social environments that surround the project/projects
· Must be able to proactively manage in all directions
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Requisition #: 180000