The Senior IT Project Manager oversees various system projects and/or programs of a highly complex nature. The Senior IT Project Manager work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation ofvariable factors.
The Senior IT Project Manager assembles and leads project team, identifies appropriate resources needed, and develops schedules to ensure timely completion of project. Often actively manages stakeholder partnerships and mitigates risks. Familiar with the system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the team. When managing programs, oversees the interdependencies and integration of interrelated projects, and sets strategies and leads program execution to deliver longer term business value. Can possess specialized knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) frameworks used to manage risks and issues unique to technology projects. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Leadership accountability for projects that build a new application or introduces a new technology
- Projects may involve contracting, new vendor selection or activities to manage new vendor partnerships / integration
- Ability to lead through influence in both team and across matrixes and to negotiate and/or resolve conflicts effectively.
- Ability to Lead and Build teams that is both high-functioning and highly engaged, collaborative and cohesive.
- Ability to work up and downstream easily, including knowing or seeking out the right people for resources, help, or advice.
- Regularly and willingly shares knowledge and mentors others.
- Appreciate individual uniqueness, respect people and encourage sharing of ideas, create an environment where everyone can fully be themselves, reflecting all of us and the communities we serve.
- Replace judgment with curiosity, thoughtful questions and listening.
- Celebrate the broadest possible range of diverse cultures, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
- Collaborate openly; building positive relationships to achieve strong, sustainable results for us and the people we serve.
- Seek to reduce friction points and create quality experiences.
- Engage people in decisions that will impact them.
- Demonstrates exceptional communication in all directions (leaders and stakeholders) to build shared understanding, alignment, value, and commitment on deliverables including ability to communicate complex issues
- Demonstrates good delegation and facilitation skills of project parameters (cost, time, scope, & quality) with a strong yet comfortable presence in meetings and relationships
- Takes personal accountability to manage multiple stakeholders’ competing goals in creating quality experiences.\
- Challenge changes that make things complicated
- Up to C-suite level project sponsorship and exposure
- Ability to shift easily between tactical and strategic work, and vice versa
- Ability to juggle all the requirements/volume and continuously deliver
- Ability to span many approaches toagile such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean, extreme programming (XP) and test-driven development (TDD.)
- Mentors and trains other PMs and/or partners
- Ability to identify and assess project risks, mitigate threats and capitalize on opportunities.
- Has enough experience and insight to anticipate issues and solve them proactively.
- Knows the right questions to ask, gets up to speed quickly.
- Ability to be attuned with the needs of a project environment that is increasingly global, virtual and complex.
- Demonstrates understanding of the business value of the project and its broader impact on programs, initiatives, and the enterprise.
- Ownership & Commitment:
- Demonstrates expanded level of accountability, ownership, integrity, and courage treating each project as if it was their own company
- Up to $1.5M+ direct labor project budget per project
- Ability to make good decisions in ambiguous or difficult situations.
- Ability to balance execution efficiency withrisk mitigation.
- Follows processes well, including documentation – BUT also knows when and why to break from process, proposes a better way, and justifies the decision
- Demonstrates deep understanding of processes, and is able to fine-tune and adapt at a high-craft level
- Proficiency in financial forecasts and conducting on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures.
- Work and learn together, transforming the norm to strengthen operational excellence and outcomes.
- Typically requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 5+ years of technical experience
- Software/System Development Lifecycle methodology knowledge
- Previous experience planning and managing large complex projects
- Project Management Institute certification (PMP)
- Six Sigma certification
- Prior experience in the health solutions industry
- Prior experience in Cloud, Security, and emerging technology initiatives
- Prior experience in Vendor Management
Scheduled Weekly Hours