- Project Manage the full project life cycle of IT projects. Effectively operate in a blended environment of business and technical personnel of various levels across the organization.
- The Project Manager will engage as part of the IT FSC Applications and Infrastructure team with primary focus on delivering IT project objectives in support of multiple functions within the organization.
- Leverage Project Management best practices to establish PMO standards and to independently plan, manage, and control project scope, schedule, cost, quality, human resources, communications, risk, procurement, and stakeholders to bring about the attainment of the project objectives.
- Establish standard project management and status reporting processes and best practices for other Project Managers to follow.
- Lead blended (business and technical) project delivery teams to execute the full system development lifecycle, including teams consisting of company or contracted resources who may be on site, on shore, or off shore.
- Lead cross functional PMO processes to assure the IT requirements are met in a timely and high-quality fashion.
- PMO leadership activities including but not limited to status communication, risk management, staffing, budgeting, change management, and other PM duties as required.
- Partner with the IT delivery & support teams and other associated IT teams to assure solutions are well-architected to achieve appropriate functional and technical designs for the project.
- Work with IT Manager(s) and Business Analysts to ensure clear business requirements are properly elicited, assure findings are well documented, identify areas for improvement and ensure specifications are created to implement a solution that meets those requirements.
- Ensure migration and implementation plans are put in place and followed that address both tactical and strategic needs.
- Understand and follow IT best practices and standards to include software development practices, design styles and software deployment in collaboration with the shared IT delivery & support organizations.
- Communicate with all key stakeholders, project owners, project delivery partners both internal and external as well as suppliers and other project related partners.
- Mentor other Project Managers newer to the organization or with less project management experience
Educational /Skill Background
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Project Management, Business, or another related field.
- PMI PMP Certification Required
- Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project skills.
- 15+ years of experience leading and managing large, complex IT projects
- Demonstrated experiencing managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Very strong planning, organization, and negotiation skills
- Significant vendor management experience
- SOX impacting project experience strongly preferred