I. Purpose of Position
This position provides Project Management leadership and is responsible for end-to-end on-time delivery of point of sale solutions, spanning contract development, requirements, estimating, engineering development, verification, system integration, installation and deployment to field trials and production.
II. Key Responsibilities
• Support sales team and work with engineering team to define clear solutions and development of proposals, working across product groups and geographies.
• Define clear product and solutions specifications and drive gap analysis / estimating of work content.
• Provide hands on project management through initiation to launch full solution
• Actively manage project plans and deliverables
• Prepare communication plans and related project status reports
• Effectively apply internal development process known as Accelerated Product Development (APD) and enforce defined project standards
• Day to day management of project team personnel and communication with key stakeholders
• Oversee the entire project life-cycle and manage cross-functional team from project initiation to production release
• Provide value added services through a consultative, value added approach
• Develop and manage program schedule ensuring on time delivery of agreed to milestones and deliverables
This position will interface with the following:
• Software and Hardware Engineering
• Software Quality Assurance
• Marketing & Sales
• Engineering Management
• Internal Regulatory Lab
• External Compliance Auditors
• External Certification Labs
• Customer Service and Support
• Payment processors and acquirers
• Retailers in the petroleum industry
• Third party device suppliers
• Remote teams
IV. Measures of Performance
• On-time delivery, quality, and cost forecast accuracy
• Change control effectiveness (scope control and funding)
• Quality of oral and written communication
V. Background and Skill
• 10+ years of IT project management experience desired
• Distributed & multi-cultural team management experience
• Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, software engineering, computer science or equivalent experience; MBA is preferred
• Fluent in English
• Agile software development experience desired
IV. Personal Trait Profile
• Self Starter
• Quick learner
• Able to work independently
• Exceptional verbal and written communications and presentation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
• Personal commitment to quality and on-schedule delivery
• The proven ability to establish and meet milestones and deadlines is required.
• Must be versatile, flexible, and proactive when resolving technical issues.
• Proven ability to drive conflict resolution.
• Leads via influence
• Excellent sense of urgency and responsiveness