The Senior IT Project Manager (Sr. PM), will be responsible for coordinating all activities for major Epiq Technology Services and IT projects. The Sr. PM will report to the Director of Project Management.
The Sr. PM will lead the following types of projects:
- Client requested build outs, customizations and migrations
- Infrastructure build outs and expansions
- Software and hardware upgrades and/or refreshes
- Integration of 3rd party software into our environment
- Data center migrations
- M&A integrations
- Other projects as specified
The Sr. PM is expected to play a significant leadership role for critical Technology Services and IT projects, driving collaboration across diverse, geographically distributed, cross-functional project teams, aligning priorities, setting expectations, managing dependencies, communicating project status and driving organizational change management.
The Sr. PM will help evolve the company's program and project management best practices.
- Ensure delivery of projects on-time, on-budget, and to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Drive an appropriate sense of urgency toward project deliverables and client-focused priorities.
- Responsible for planning, resourcing, scheduling, project kickoff, delivery, and closing.
- Define projects and Work Breakdown Structures.
- Obtain and validate resources, task durations, timeline, deliverables and milestones.
- Identify risks and issues throughout the project life cycle. Evaluate courses of action and contingency plans, including mitigation or escalation.
- Track project actuals against the project plan. Baseline and revise the plan when necessary.
- Track project spend against approved budgets and report on forecasts and variances.
- Ensure delivered products meet defined business requirements and meet customer quality expectations.
- Develop a communications plan and follow established project status reporting processes.
- Develop and/or improve tracking tools to communicate project progress and benefit provided to clients.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to achieve project milestones and customer satisfaction.
- Continuously improve on processes from engagement to delivery.
Required Qualifications & Characteristics
- A minimum of 8-10 years IT Project Management experience.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required, preferably in a technical- or business-related field.
- A strong track record successfully delivering complex, large scale projects with a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Experience managing multiple, complex, and concurrent technology projects at varying stages, across varying customers.
- Previous data center migration and/or M&A integration experience a plus.
- PMP or PRINCE2 certification preferred.
- ITIL process framework certification or knowledge is a plus, as is experience in Lean or Six Sigma methodology, including "belt" certification.