CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP seeks a Senior IT Project Manager to join or Information Technology team in Madison, WI.
Work Activities and Accountabilities
The below functions reflect the general details of the essential work activities and accountabilities of this position and are not all inclusive. Other activities may be assigned.
- Project Management: S/he works with individuals to develop plans that address policies and procedures needed to support the firm’s deployment of internal projects and ensure that all projects progress on schedule and within budget. Recommends and formulates the technical scope and objectives of projects. Directs and manages the overall work efforts of project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks. Coordinate and tracks all issues and risks on a consistent basis.
- Relationship Management: Leads a diverse team by promoting a team-oriented environment and maintaining strong relationships with Technology staff within the firm. Is responsible for establishing communication channels to stakeholders, internal and external teams and 3rd parties by making communication an essential part of all planning and work activities. Works well with internal and external teams in order to ensure concerns are heard and adequately addressed. Provides timely communication to key project stakeholders. Ensures internal satisfaction and collaboration with Managing Principals (MPs), Executive Leaders, and vendors.
- Technical Competencies: S/he is comfortable in a technical environment using a large variety of technology tools and is able to easily adapt to rapidly changing technology. Experience with Microsoft Project and SharePoint. Familiarity with application development methodology.
- The Senior IT Project Manager reports directly to the Director, Services Development and Delivery. S/he will interact on a regular basis with other IT architects and team members, business users, Managers, and Principals. S/he will also work with external vendors.
- S/he is aligned with a career coach (who may or may not be the same as the direct supervisor) to help with career planning, be an advocate for the experiences needed to reach goals, navigate the firm’s resources, and share insights, expertise, and guidance to develop his/her full potential.
Key Behavioral Competencies
The Senior IT Project Manager must possess several key personal effectiveness traits to be successful. These include a high degree of passion for doing impactful work, accountability for actions, initiative make visions a reality, integrity that places honesty and trust above all else, professionalism, and conscientiousness. Actions and behaviors that are the foundation of successful careers at CLA are broadly defined below.
- Leading with Impact: Sets an example and exhibits behaviors for others to emulate.
- Entrepreneurial Grit: Expresses new ideas to creatively and innovatively deliver quality service.
- Ownership Mindset: Engineers productive change and positive results.
- Client Service Excellence: Understands the client’s perspective and helps others to complete high quality work.
- People Development: Takes ownership of career development and begins mentoring others.
- Clear Communication: Engages others through effective communication methods.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Encourages collaboration and actively solicits the ideas and opinions of others.
- Growing the Business: Is aware of the importance of growing the business and understands the core services we provide.
- Experience: Five years’ experience working within Internal Technology or technology environment. Three years project management and/or supervisory experience.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or 10 years of IT experience in lieu of a degree.
- Certifications/Licenses:Project Management Institute certification preferred.