Senior IT Project Manager
8 - 10 years experience • Software
The senior project manager (Level III) will be responsible for managing complex operational and / or strategic, company-wide projects that will typically have large budgets and involve multiple cross-functional stakeholders. Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects within the information technology department. Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project. At least 7 plus years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Planning, organizing, leading and controlling multiple projects using appropriate project management methodologies with the following responsibilities:
• Defining and clarifying project scope in conjunction with the project sponsor and key project stakeholders
• Developing the project plan and project schedule in conjunction with the project team
• Developing and documenting high-level strategies for achieving specific objectives or activities (hierarchical strategy, process flow, Final Project Summary, etc.).
• Developing policies, procedures and strategies to support the achievement of the project objectives
• Determining the organizational structure of the project team
• Identifying roles and staffing positions
• Setting team direction and coordinating activities across different organizational functions
• Assigning work and motivating team members
• Defining project baselines and tracking project progress
• Managing project scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communications, risk, procurement, integration and benefits realization
• Reporting project status
• Determining and taking corrective actions
• Identifying project milestones and managing external and internal cross-functional project teams and activities to meet project objectives
• Focus on meeting project commitments, including communications with sponsors and stakeholders
• Providing leadership and vision for both project team and business partners; uses knowledge of mission and core strategy as a basis to develop specific objectives and goals
• Capable of identifying the stakeholder unmet needs/problem to be solved through observation, interviews and research
• Actively participates in cross-functional groups to solve problems across projects
• Oral presentations to upper management to effectively communicate ideas and results
Additional Information - Required Skills and Knowledge
• Excellent understanding of and experience within the Healthcare industry and specifically hospital clinical and non-clinical operations and Healthcare IT.
• Experience managing healthcare and non-healthcare IT projects.
• Experience managing operations and process improvement projects employing process improvement approaches.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, organizational abilities, analytical competency, computer proficiency, and presentation capabilities.
• Extraordinarily tenacious, driven, and self-motivated.
• Demonstrated work ethic, integrity, and professional conduct.
• 7 plus years Project Management and technical experience in a large enterprise environment
• Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) project management
• Business Analysis project management
• Budget tracking and complex cost benefit analysis
• Very strong understanding of distributed technologies & architecture
• Ability to build and manage relationships across a large enterprise
• C-level interface and presentation skills
• Ability to influence decisions from top down and bottom up
• Solid analytical, problem-solving and financial analysis skills
• Proficiency in computer software such as Project, Power Point and Excel
Education & Certifications
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or a related discipline – advanced degree required
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is required