- Plans and directs schedules as well as project budgets.
- Monitors the program/project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with customers or department personnel.
- Organizes project activities that may require interdepartmental meetings and communication ensuring completion of the program/project on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Assigns and monitors work of technical personnel, such as systems analysts and programmers, providing support and interpretation of instructions/objectives.
- Directs the activities of project support staff and sub-contractors and is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources are allocated and maintained to facilitate the successful completion of the project.
- Ensures the ongoing process/system capability associated with projects and manages any changes required to meet or exceed the expectations established in project designs.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years IT project management experience including developing project schedules, managing team resources, creating work breakdown structures, estimating size and effort for projects.
- Ability to provide competent and proactive leadership.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and be comfortable with change and complexity in dynamic environments.
- Aptitude for negotiation and have influence with people at all levels of the organization.
- Proficient with productivity tools: MS Project, Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience of SDLC.
- Have a good understanding of Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Strong oral and written skills with demonstrated experience communicating with all levels of management.
- Self-motivated, quick and assertive personality with strong time management skills.
- Experience and comfort working with teams located across many locations.
- Ability to travel (up to 25%) may be required.
- Must consent to and successfully clear all required pre-employment screenings.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- PMP and/or Six Sigma certification.
- Experience in complimentary disciplines such as business requirements/analysis, development and testing.