ABOUT THE JOB
As a key member of the Enterprise Technology Services / Planning Office, helps define and drive Portfolio Reporting, Intake Management, Resource Capacity Planning, and Technology Planning for ETS. Proactively identifies opportunities to simplify and automate where appropriate processes supporting these disciplines, and drives the associated changes to successful completion. Leads by example, mentoring other members of the Planning Office, and becoming a catalyst for continuous improvement. Acquires relevant and comprehensive knowledge of subject matter to simplify project intake. Reports to ETS/Planning Office /Technology Planning Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Simplifies and automates portfolio reporting, and proactively identifies the need for / develop new reports to meet business requirements
- Simplifies and automates intake management and develops associated procedures
- Simplifies and automates Resource Capacity Planning and develops associated procedures
- Simplifies and automates Technology Planning and develops associated procedures
- Provides ongoing professional communications to all levels of ETS management and peers.
- Develops and grows partnerships and foster relationships with functional managers and Planning Office resources, establishing and maintaining a trusted advisor relationship.
- Establishes and improves processes to enable efficient onboarding of projects requiring ETS resources,
- Proactively works with Resource Managers to ensure accurate resource projections for projects initiated, and ultimately accurate resource capacity for future projects.
- Leverage available tools and simplify process to optimize the generation of portfolio views and enable effective overall ETS portfolio management.
- Participates in ETS Planning Office planning activities, researches / acquires relevant information to solve business problems with appropriate solutions, and collaborates to set direction to efficiently achieve business objectives.
- Cultivates a team environment of continuous learning to build business acumen, technical skills, and leadership behaviors in support of cross-enterprise opportunities.
- Ensures potential impacts to internal and external client experience are addressed in processes implemented.
- Identifies, tracks, escalates and resolves issue conflicts; performs impact analysis and prioritization; and escalates risks with corrective/ mitigating actions.
- Drives planning, design, development, and implementation including communication and training of one or more of the following for ETS: Portfolio Reporting; Intake Management; Resource Capacity Planning; and Technology Planning
- Monitors related processes for adherence to standards.
- Manages documentation and the knowledge transfer to the “business as usual” functions; conducts “lesson-learned” reviews.
- Manages and improves established ETS Demand Management performance by reviewing metrics and lessons learned, producing management reporting, and other reviews (e.g. scorecard) to maintain or grow delivery performance.
- Manages the execution of vendor contract(s) and ensures adherence to contract provisions, where applicable.
- Identifies opportunities for project onboarding simplification and automation, and drives them to successful completion.
- Leads by example, mentoring other members of the Planning Office, and becoming a catalyst for continuous improvement.
Education/Certifications: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
Experience: 5+ years of technology planning-related experience including 2+ years within complex environments required.
Competencies and Skills:
- Works autonomously and demonstrates strong Key leadership competencies; Organized, Self-disciplined leader with ability to influence broadly, lead updates with senior executives, and direct the work of other planning analysts /team members towards common outcomes and strategy execution; demonstrates influence & challenge skills
- Strategic thinker; demonstrates the ability to anticipate client needs; ability to identify & solve complex problems utilizing strong conflict management skills; takes initiative to plan and execute across multiple levels of the organization consistently meets project schedule, scope & risk targets; may manage the execution of vendor contracts
- Understands business model and planning contribution to meet business strategy, including financial & risk impacts
- Possess strong written, verbal, and presentation skills; ability to adjust communication to audience
- Posesses comprehensive understanding of Demand Management including Intake Management, Resource Capacity Planning and Portfolio Reporting in an infrastructure context.
- Clearly articulates vision of planning future state impact to business strategy
- Assesses & coaches team members to both strengths and developmental needs; fosters and encourages open & honest feedback; learns from feedback to drive personal improvement
- Proactively manages risks to minimize occurrence of issues; comfortable in an environment of risk and uncertainty; performs impact analysis and prioritization; identifies corrective/ mitigating actions; Demonstrated ability to escalate risks/issues timely and motivate others to resolve; provides effective reporting of impact and status; identifies and manages cascading dependencies
- Possesses ability to simplify and automate processes, and proactively identify the need for / develop new reports to meet business requirements
KeyCorp's roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. KeyBank is Member FDIC.