Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
The Operations and Shares Services (OSS) organization is the operational engine of TD CB&W (Canadian Banking and Wealth), supporting Personal Banking, Business Banking, and Cards business areas. The Environment Integration and DevOps team within OSS is committed to operational excellence in order to provide internal and external clients with confidence in TD extensive product and service offerings
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
We are seeking candidates for the position of IT Operations Specialist/DevOps Engineer within our team to support the Canadian Banking, Wealth, and Cards businesses. As part of this team, the candidate will work alongside other project team members (business analysts, developers, QA) and will specialize in:
We are seeking candidates for the position of IT Operations Specialist/DevOps Engineer within our team to support the CanadianBanking, Wealth, and Cards businesses. As part of this team,the candidate will work alongsideother project team members (business analysts,developers, QA) and will specialize in:
- Building and maintaining DevOps capabilities to support agile product development, including automated builds, automated infrastructure and application deployments, automated testing.
- Coordinating technical changes across teams for successful and timely delivery of projects.
- Triaging and escalating issues where necessary to ensure a high level of service maintained.
- Following the industry’s best practices and TD standards.
- Overall supporting and managing project application environments.
Develop and Manage the Teamwork
- Actively contribute to the team’s effectiveness and positive work environment.
- Actively participate in proof of concept efforts and actively seek and propose solutions to improve technical delivery.
- Support the team by continuously developing knowledge in own area.
Internal Practices & Processes
- Prioritize and manage own workload to meet delivery dates.
- Ensure documentation is prepared, accurate, and compliant with the TD SDLC standards.
- Be proficient in tools and processes required for developing and delivering software solutions.
- Identify opportunities to improve service delivery and support process improvement initiatives.
Assist in analysis, testing, and implementation of business solutions.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Minimum 3years of prior DevOps experience (focusing on continuous integration, infrastructure deployments, application code packaging and deployments, and test automation),
- Minimum 1year of administrative experience with the following tools: Jenkins, Nexus,
- Strong expertise in creating, integrating, and supporting automated deployment pipelines in Jenkins, working with Java, NodeJS, .NET,
- Good working experiencewith build tools, especially Maven, Junit, Ant, NPM,
- Good working experience with provisioning, configuration management, and containerization solutions (Salt, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Mesos, OpenShift or similar technologies).
- Good working experience with using and troubleshooting cloud virtual machines using Open Stack and Cloudify or AWS, Azure, Bluemix, Google Cloud for development and production environments,
- Good working experience with scripting and debugging cloud infrastructure provisioning automation,
- Minimum 3years of experience coordinating and implementing technical changes across infrastructure and test teams to successfully deliver changes to development, test, and production environments.
- Strong understanding of and practical experience with deploying, configuring and managing Linux, Windows, SQL, Oracle server infrastructure on enterprise scale,
- Strong understanding of and practical experience with networking (routing, load balancing, firewalls), storage (local, NAS, SAN),
- Strong expertise in leading troubleshooting efforts across teams and implementing fixes, proficiency with JIRA is an asset.
- Strong scripting skills in Bash, Python, PowerShell, YAML,
- Strong desire to learn and exceptional problem solving skills,
- Strong multitasking abilities and prioritization skills,
- Extensive technical leadership skills,
- Extensive experience implementing environment integration testing.
- Good communication (written and oral) and very good interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of WAS/AIX, host environments.
- Good working experience with Git, BitBucket, Jira, Confluence, HipChat.
- Practical experience of software deployment, versioning and release management processes.
Practical experience of supporting software development and production environments.