The Senior IT Manager role will lead a group of IT Product Managers in designing and building world-class digital tools and applications for multiple stakeholders including Members, Providers and Brokers for BSC. We are looking for someone who can roll up their sleeves and continue to maintain momentum with our engaged workforce. This role will manage a team of 4-6 IT Product Managers and serve as a main point of contact to influence and deliver product capabilities.
- Engages with key IT portfolio roles in shaping the IT priorities and roadmap and ensure the App Services stakeholders are fully aware and aligned to the IT portfolio goals
- Identifies opportunities to leverage Application Services to drive business’ strategic priorities
- Helps manage IT products within portfolio team providing guidance on IT Product strategy and roadmap, actively encouraging Product management as a discipline
- Collaborates closely with business to assess business needs and define priorities for IT Application Services requests, enabling IT Portfolio Lead and Solution and Delivery Lead to discuss trade-offs and negotiate timeline, scope, priorities to balance successful delivery with business satisfaction
- Supports business relationship management, triaging and prioritization of application-related requests, incidents, enhancements, projects etc.
- Oversees and coordinates execution efforts across IT Products, and ensures business needs are being met
- Participates, as a key technical leader, in the portfolio’s solutioning activities, contributing to product designs, and driving work via design thinking
- Actively promotes automation across all IT products to roll out Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment
- Prioritizes, validates P3/P4 incidents and triages to the appropriate product/delivery team
- Responsible for providing leadership, setting direction, establishing process, methods, controls, and organizing the function for the successful delivery of initiatives of the IT Operations Portfolio
- Anticipate and react quickly and appropriately to changes in business priorities
- Reports to Director, Solution Delivery Lead. This position is located at our San Francisco and/or El Dorado Hills, CA Offices
Knowledge and Experience
- 8+ years of experience in an IT leadership role.
- Requires 5+ years of prior managerial level experience.
- Must be able to directly guide and mentor the team and ensure continuous improvement in productivity and quality.
- Ideal candidate possess excellent leadership, analytical, solution design, and communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage complex technology projects in a project lead or driver role.
- Digital delivery experience using Angular, AIPs or CI/CD with one of the following areas is a plus: enrollment and billing, benefits, EDI, and provider operations desired.
- Possess excellent problem solving, analysis and diagnostic skills.
- Demonstrated expertise working in collaborative, cross functional work teams comprised of business and technology participants and internal and external vendor partner resources.
- Knowledge of Agile documentation principles, preferably a Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with all levels of personnel including, but not limited to peers and Senior Management.
- Proficient defining complex workflows or business processes.
- Self-directed and adaptive to changing priorities, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.