Job Summary The Senior IT Manager provides hands-on management of R Home's technology systems and IT staff. Strong focus expected towards advancing the maturity of the Yardi property management system and other applications to meet desired business capabilities. This position will also liaise and collaborate with Enterprise Communities' Corporate IT department on various planning, governance, infrastructure, security and project initiatives that relate to the R Home business unit.
- Job Responsibilities Consistently and genuinely demonstrate the HEROES principles of HELPFUL, ENGAGED, RESPONSIVE, OUTSTANDING, EXCELLENCE and SUCCESS in all activities and interactions.
- Actively engaged with various systems analysis, upgrades, installations, testing, and training for Yardi or other applications.
- Oversees the overall technology operational health for R Home's portfolio of properties
- Provides a point of escalation for R Home staff and leadership to ensure timely resolution; monitors support activity to identify trends or emerging issues and recommend solutions.
- Assists with developing and implementing a technology roadmap in support of R Home's business goals and desired capabilities
- Tracks all system issues and/or enhancements using R Home's Help Desk system.
- Develops, continuously refines, and promotes training for Yardi applications via classroom sessions, web-based seminars, written instruction, on-line courses, and one-on-one training; manages training offerings to ensure proactive and timely user engagement.
- Monitors emerging applications and available upgrades to Yardi or other applications of interest; recommends enhancements to increase efficiency and data integrity, resolve system challenges, expand functionality, reduce expenses and meet emerging business capabilities and opportunities.Initial focus on accounting and compliance applications.
- Serves as liaison with third party software providers and consultants; works in partnership to identify, research, and resolve system issues.
- Partners with internal stakeholders to stay abreast of emerging business needs, changes in policies and/or procedures, regulations, and training needs related to Yardi applications; shares information with software support team and works proactively to support internal stakeholders' needs.
- Assists with administration of the Yardi and/or other applications and monitors system performance for maximum data integrity.
- Provide planning and project management support for various initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Will lead and manage R Home's overall IT team and various technology support vendors. Conducts performance evaluations of staff to support team development and optimize team performance. Handles difficult situations and confronts issues when needed.
- Qualifications Bachelor's Degree in a Technology related discipline and a minimum of five years of experience in a comparable management role.Experience in property management, senior living, or multi-site management strongly preferred.
- Prior hands-on experience with directly managing an enterprise-based application in real estate, property management, or related industry.
- Experience with Yardi or a similar Property Management system is strongly preferred.
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet based applications such as web conferencing.
- Prior experience managing enterprise system implementation and upgrade projects in a complex cross-functional environment.
- Prior experience with data management and reporting methods (i.e. SQL) and application integration concepts is preferred.
- Excellent written communication skills including proper grammar and professional writing.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to connect and communicate effectively, in English, with associates of all levels.
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to speak in front of large and diverse audiences.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work under limited supervision following standardized practices and/or methods.
Additional Information PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the associate is often required to read, write, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects or controls, reach with hands, and arms, talk, and hear. Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level is typically moderate.
Travel, including some out of state and overnight stays, may be required up to 10% of the time.