Job Code: ITITSE_M4 Information Systems - Management 4
Business Job Title: Senior Manager, Collaboration Services
VMware IT provides technology services and support, enabling efficiency, simplicity and productivity for internal business partners and external customers. The VMware IT organization provides two distinct, yet compatible functions. The IT team enables productivity and supports all employees; the organization additionally supports the company in its growth as the global leader in cloud infrastructure and end user computing by developing and showcasing VMware products and technology.
We are seeking a Senior Manager to lead our Collaboration Services team. As a senior leader in the Unified Communications and Collaboration organization you will be a service-oriented leader, focusing on leading a team chartered envision and enhance productivity of VMware employees. You will be forging and managing vendor relationships with established and upcoming technologies in your domain.
This position partners with all business units to find opportunities, requirements and solutions to support business initiatives, growth, and development of new IT services and technologies. This role has the responsibility for developing a staffing strategy, development and management of engineers, managers and technical staff.
You will also be chartered to ensure our colleagues have a delightful experience with all UC tools and services. You will also drive operational excellence through automation and efficiencies across your portfolio to ensure quality of service.
- Drive continuous improvement for end-user experience, colleague satisfaction, and cost management
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships and partnerships with business partners
- Ensure key SLA and management objectives are achieved
- Facilitate the collaboration of staff in multi-functional activities, project delivery and process improvement initiatives.
- Promote the use of VMware products and services within the organization and be a reference for VMware customers
- Manage, develop direct reports through performance management, ongoing mentoring and career development
- Drive a high-performance team through teamwork and partnership
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business Management.
- 8+ years of dynamic experience in Information Technology management with focus on end user technologies and disciplines.
- 6+ years' experience in running complex environments.
- 6+ years' experience leading formal planning, tracking, and reporting on project and staff performance.
- Strong expertise in collaboration services
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Experience working with Senior IT leadership in a strategic context.
- Knowledge of architectures, monitoring, security control, redundancy, and high availability for user facing systems.
- Ability to build and maintain partnerships.
- Ability to work independently and with little guidance. In addition, significant experience in the following IT infrastructure concepts and solutions is required:
- Familiar with basic elements of IT infrastructure services (active directory, networking, server, etc)
- Experience with service management (ITIL)
Job ID R1904990