Sallie Mae is a company created with great purpose. We provide loans. But what separates us from any otherfinancial institution is that we have a why. We have a purpose. We make the dream of higher education a reality. We do it by being a resource for families who want to save, plan, and pay for college. Our vision, to be a trusted financial partner, inspires us to explore new ways to serve our customers every day. No matter what position you hold at Sallie Mae, you'll have a role in moving us toward that vision.
Over the last 40 years, Sallie Mae has helped more than 34 million Americans pay for college. The same passion we have for helping customers is applied to helping our employees achieve professional and personal growth. With a wide range of opportunities available, we invite you to join our growing team and help students make their dreams of higher education a reality.
Sallie Mae Bank's Internal Audit department works to promote an effective control environment through risk-based audits, internal control testing, pre and post implementation reviews, special projects, and risk control education.
The IT Senior Auditor with the support of the Audit Manager will (1) Lead the planning, scoping, and execution of IT and operational audits. (2) Ensure all test work performed by the assigned audit team is properly performed and adequately documented in accordance with Internal Audit's policies and procedures. (3) Summarize and effectively report testing results both orally and in writing to management. (4) Understand, assess, report and track deficiencies or exceptions noted during testing. (5) Oversee the efforts of staff auditors and assist in the development of their skill sets (6) As part of internal audit fieldwork, evaluate the state of mangement's documentation of controls, and testing of those controls via management's self-assessment, and (7) With the support of the Audit Manager or Managing Director, perform special projects, critical process reviews, and investigations as necessary.
Assist with planning and lead execution of fieldwork for IT and operational internal audits as well as critical process reviews -- 80%
- With the assistance of the Audit Manager, develop, plan, and scope Internal Audit projects.
- Lead execution of fieldwork.
- Ensure audit testing utilizes appropriate sampling techniques and data analysis (in accordance with Internal Audit's policies and procedures and IIA standards).
- Report any project overruns (actual or potential) on a timely basis to the Audit Manager.
- Conduct interviews with auditees to understand processes and gather information to support audit scope and objectives.
- Inquire of auditees and request supporting documentation for exceptions noted during test work.
- Prepare and review detailed audit work papers to substantiate the fieldwork performed, testing results, and audit conclusions reached.
- Ensure audit findings are properly communicated with management and appropriately tracked through remediation.
- Track the status of Internal Audit issues and perform follow-up testing as needed to ensure complete remediation of an identified issue.
Assist in the guidance and development of internal audit staff -- 10%
- Oversee the efforts of AssociateAuditors and Internal Auditors and provide feedback on their efforts and deliverables.
As part of internal audit fieldwork, evaluate the state of management's documentation of controls, and testing of those controls via management's self-assessment -- 5%
- In conjunction with team, assist with providing guidance to Sallie Mae stakeholders on the identification and documentation of internal controls, and testing of those controls via management self-assessment.
Assist in the execution of administrative activities, special projects, SSAE 16 control testing and investigations as needed -- 5%
Additional Position Responsibilities:
- With the support of the Audit Manager, participate in Corporate and Department initiatives.
- Foster a positive working environment to encourage innovation and midprofessional growth
- Fulfill administrative responsibilities as defined
- Remain current in profession and industry trends
- Carry out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Comply with all company policies and proce
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Solid consultation, interpersonal skills, ability to prioritize and execute multiple topics/issues simultaneously, strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Knowledge of data analytics tools such as ACL, Idea, Toad, SQL, etc.
- Supervisory experience
- Experience planning and executing projects from start to finish.
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 3 - 5 years of IT auditing or relevant work experience
- 1 - 2 years of supervisory experience
- Professional Certification (i.e., CIA, CISA, CISSP, etc.)
- Experience working in Internal Audit, Risk Management and/or a Sarbanes-Oxley or regulatory compliance function
- Experience with planning and executing audits and assessing audit results
- Experience in Public Accounting environment
- Financial services and/or studentloanexperience#LI-ME
EEO Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America. Sallie Mae is a drug free workplace.
Location Newark, DE
Date Posted Jun 9, 2017
Req ID R01271