This is an exciting opportunity to join the Global Business Services division of Wolters Kluwer as a Senior IT Infrastructure & Operations Analyst reporting to the IT Manager, IT Infrastructure & Operations (Health). You will be part of a team responsible for operational support for the Clinical Software & Surveillance Business Unit within the Health Division. This includes being a member of the team that provides 24x7x365 infrastructure support for stability, security & performance as well as providing expertise on improvement & business initiatives. This includes deploying new technologies, hands-on technical support, standards and process improvement, budget/vendor management, among other related activities. You will also partner with Health Division teams to implement and support GBS corporate technologies and security standards. You will play a key role in supporting the existing infrastructure and help implement the strategy for our next generation efforts.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Perform day to day activities to ensure performance, stability, and capacity for 24x7x365 real-time SaaS product line serving thousands of hospital customers.
- Collaborate with Health/CSC Technology Leaders to determine infrastructure requirements.
- Assist procuring/implementing IT infrastructure support/services consistent with GBS standards & guidelines.
- Identify, coordinate, and communicate business resource requirements to support infrastructure projects.
- Support efforts related to data center consolidations and journey to cloud activities.
- Participate and represent the business/products during infrastructure incidents, on and off-hours.
- Provide L2 support for the end-user computing environment and assist during major initiatives.
- Assist in the documenting, implementation, and support of DR solutions.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and monitor procedures for server backups and restore capabilities.
- Monitor, plan, and coordinate the distribution of software, hotfixes, security patches, and service packs.
- Maintain inventory for hardware and software including support agreements, licensing, version controls, etc.
- Create/maintain technical documentation and drive process improvement with standard operating procedures.
- On-call support on a rotating schedule as well as onsite and off-site support during non-standard business hours.
- A limited amount of travel may be required.
Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent job experience.
- 7+ years of overall system, network, and data center support experience in IT.
- 3+ years of experience managing hardware lifecycle within an enterprise co-lo data center
- 2+ years of experience with Cisco network switches, routers, WiFi, and firewalls.
- 1+ years of experience with VMware.
- 2+ years of experience with Windows Server.
- 2+ years working in environments that utilize SAN storage architectures
- 2+ years Active Directory, DNS, and RADIUS experience in a corporate environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of complex system architectures, and the ability to support, and troubleshoot that architecture.
- Demonstrate strong collaboration skills across peer stakeholders.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal, and listening), with the ability to build positive working relationships.
- Demonstrate strong problem analysis, problem resolution, and decision-making skills.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Familiarity with network connectivity including DHCP, VPN, telcom, and data circuits.
- Working knowledge of CentOS 6+ or equivalent Linux OS.
Desired but not required:
- Experience with Nutanix and AHV.
- Experience with of Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS).
- Familiarity with Cisco Firepower and/ or FTD.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure and/ or Amazon Web Services.
- Familiarity with Rubrik for backup/ restore.
- Experience using Solarwinds Orion monitoring & alerting toolset
- Experience supporting Shortel VoIP
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL deployment and SQL AlwaysOn configuration
- Most work is local, but position could require 5% monthly domestic travel.
- The ability to perform normal Data Center Operations. Including but not limited to racking servers, storage, and switches.