Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer
To provide senior levelinfrastructure services focusing ondesigning, installing, configuring, integrating, and automating data centertechnologies (compute,network, and storage). Provides project leadership fordesign and installation projects using standardtechnologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides senior level infrastructure services, including installing, configuring, and integrating enterprise data center technologies. Obtains quotes and justifies business need. Identifies stake holders and forms project team. Conducts functional testing and provides recommendations based on the results. Verifies installations meet production acceptance standards.
- Implements opportunities to automate manual system tasks.
- Provides senior level Tier 3 services for complex issues elevated from tier 2 support groups. Identifies failing components.
- Provides senior level design and debugging services to development teams.
- Identifies performance issues, interprets trends, and implements improvements.
- Writes documentation, including policies and procedures. Creates diagrams, including network, storage, and compute designs.
- Adds, updates, and closes records in the IT Problem Management and Change Management databases.
- Trains and mentors staff. Conducts formal training sessions, one-on-one sessions, and recommends training vendors. Troubleshoots and resolves complex issues.
- Completes capacity planning activities, including monitoring and tracking capacity metrics. Initiates actions to prevent degradation caused by capacity issues.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures.
- Participates in special projects and performs other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduatedegree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years infrastructure engineering experience.
- Working understanding of advanced aspects of data center technologies including VMware tool suite (ESXi, vCenter, vROPS, vRNI, vRB, etc.), enterprise storage, and networking with expertise in at least one of the following technologies: VMWare, SAN, NAS, Block Storage, Data Replicatoin Strategy, Routing and Switching, Application Load Balancing, Data Back-up Technologies, Next Generation Firewalls
- Working understanding of code and scripting (Python, PowerShell, Rest API)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong project leadership skills.