- Deliver releases, platform or service analysis, design, and build on [XX] Engineering technologies as necessary in a self-motivated manner and consistent with Engineering Release Map deliverables
- Own multiple services, platforms, or product development in three or more technology domains, be principal owner of multiple domains; key thought leader for Engineering
- Accountable for demonstrating the values of the Engineering team by setting an example for others with respect energy, motivation, quality of outputs and outcomes, and engagement; find own coaching & mentorship; provide coaching and mentorship to others across GTI and T&O.
- Accountable for setting an example to mentor within across GTI by demonstrating the values of the organization (customer centricity; productivity; agility). Demonstrate capability for helping individuals achieve exemplary performance.
What will you do?
- Own and validateblueprints and design artifacts which correlate to domain of expertise
- Partner with Architecture and validates solution architecture
- Define solution design and services
- Direct design, build, and transition activities; own platform or service definition
- Direct and validate design artifacts, owns portions of enterprise strategy via validation and research exercises
- Deliver releases and self-organize and self-motivate to achieve directed outcomes
- Own platform specification and design
- Deliver specifications for solutions and services artifacts; direct team or individual contributor activity to deliver solutions and services
Planning and Assessment
- Prioritize, drive, and validate strategies and roadmaps for services, platforms, and technologies; produce presentation material suitable for VP-level consumption
- Decision-maker for release direction and output definition from Planning and Assessment process
- Author solutions and services artifacts and initiate ideation, strategy, and future design.
- Own and drive outcomes from ideation process
- Oversee Engineering Team on handover exercises
- Own very-high-complexity L2 escalations; accountable for L2 relationships
- Contribute to definition of standard engineering process and drive consistency and coaching within the process
- Demonstrate knowledge and authority in 3 or more domains; own multiple domains. Drive platform and service definitions
What do you need to succeed?
10-12 years of technology domain experience in information technology roles.
- At least 5 years of experience engineering or designing enterprise technologies is required.
- Distributed Computing Systems, Operating Systems, Opensource technologies/Languages, databases, compute acceleration, experience having built Java/web applications is preffered.
5 years of experience is requiredworking with the technology in multiple domains.
- Candidates for this role require experience as a key contributor on the support, integration, and Engineering / design activities of 75% of the Engineering Work Portfolio for their technology/ domain
- Key to this role is experience having implemented some of the newer opensource technologies such as Docker, Container Orchestration, Kuberentes, Openshift/Mesos/Pivotal, 12 factor apps, Site Reliability Engineering, Observability.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science.