The Senior IT Network Engineer will be involved in a variety of network and infrastructure areas within global IT. Frequent communication with H.B. Fuller management and staff in all regions is expected for troubleshooting, performance tuning, and new project activity. The Senior Network Engineer III will also be expected to work through trouble tickets with internal and external partner vendors in the support of our global network. There is an on-call expectation for this role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Deploys company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks - including Cisco UCS, Cisco Routers, Cisco Core/Access switches, Cisco Access Points, Cisco WANAcceleration Engines and other related hardware.
- Design, configure, manage and maintain NetworkTechnologies – including MPLS, IPSec/VPN, BGP, OSPF, iWAN, AnyConnect, Wireless LAN Controller, NextGen Firewalls, Cisco Meraki, InfoVista/Ipanema Application Visibility&Control etc.
- Configure, manage and maintain Cisco IP Telephony environment - including Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unity Connection and Cisco Unified Contact Center Express, Cisco MeetingPlace, SIP Trunking and Voice Gateways.
- Maintain global network hardware and software.
- Monitor the network to ensure availability to all systems by all users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
- Serve as member of the IT network team; working in conjunction with other IT and business managers and technicians to support the goals of the H.B. Fuller organization.
- Cooperate with other global departments, where necessary, on tasks, support or projects. Understands the impact of network solutions on business operations and balances the scope, security and quality of technology solutions with business needs.
- Approximately 80% of this position is project related, and 20% support (to assist support team).
- Some international travel may be required.
- Able to rapidly absorb and apply new technical information.
- Able to maintain focus within a changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Off hour on-call support is required.
- Bachelors in BA, CS MIS
- 8+ years of broad and deep networkexperience including: Deeper infrastructure (server, load balancer, Active Directory, storage…;) background
- Role is based on-site in St. Paul, MN
- 5 +years-experience in monitoringevents and conditions on variousnetwork hardware and software includingSecurity information andeventmanagement (SIEM)
- VPN configurations and usage
- Thorough understanding of OSI model
- Cisco IOS (interfaces, configuration, routing, QOS, …;)
- Network vendor management
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) functions (incident, change, problem, asset management)
- Understands key business process issues and their relationship to technology common to any company of similar size and complexity as H.B. Fuller.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- General infrastructure (DNS, DHCP, VMware) and PC fundamentals
- Cisco CCENT, CCNA, CCNP, CCDE, CCIE certifications
- Various protocol knowledge (SIP, Telnet, HTTP, SSL, PPP, WLAN, CDP …;)
- Experience with intrusion detection and prevention systems
- Microsoft technology stack (DNS, DHCP, WINS, WSUS, Windows server)
- Manufacturing ERP/shop floor/MRP, finance, HR, Law and other business process familiarity