Description and Requirements
Help us help our customers realize their dreams of a beautiful home!
Join The #1 Furniture Company-Join The #1 Furniture Brand
Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world. Established in 1945, Ashley offers one of the industry's broadest product assortments to retail partners in 123 countries.
Design, Build, Deliver:
Using our internationally acclaimed in-house design team, we create the look without paying expensive design fees. Then, by adhering to some of the most efficient production standards in the world, we can maximize productivity and minimize waste, generating additional savings for you. Finally, all orders are filled from strategically located regional warehouses and are serviced by our own fleet of trucks, the largest in the industry.
The Senior IT Developer will create user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining applications; mentoring and providing guidance to a team of developers as needed.
Primary Job Functions:
- Plan programs by studying specifications; arrange specifications by developing logical sequence, preparing flowcharts, and researching solutions.
- Code specifications by converting logical sequence and workflow into program language.
- Verify coding by performing unit testing and trial runs.
- Arrange project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Meet programming standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identify work process improvements and implement new technology.
- Prepare program specifications based on documented business requirements.
- Prepare and review program documentation.
- Accomplish programming project requirements by coaching and mentoring programmers.
- Advance job knowledge to the next level by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and learning from mentors and peers.
- Follow company standards.
- Demonstrate the Company's Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
- Bachelor Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science and/or Engineering Required
- 5 years of software development, Required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Documentation of applications
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Development Suite or other applicable technology suites
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Display empathy, understanding, and patience with employees and external customers
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries