Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (ADMI) is the nation’s premier dental services organization. We provide expert business and administrative support to the fastest growing, branded network of dental practices in the country. We recognize that our success is a direct result of empowering and supporting ambitious dental professionals; together we build and develop successful, patient focused dental practices. Our continued growth has created an opportunity to join our Information Technology team as a Sr. IT Applications Developer.
The Sr IT Application Developer's primary responsibility is to performance tune, develop, modify, or update applications in support of business objectives and ongoing operations. This role participates in the developer role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in or review all the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.
Essential Functions, Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet/exceed the customer's (internal and external) expectations by understanding, anticipating, and meeting customer needs. Exhibit proactive communication; act and think with customers in mind.
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and energetic with customers, co-workers, managers, and visitors. Promote and project a positive company image; treats others with courtesy and respect
- Serve as Developer during application development projects
- Participate with a team of technical staff and managers or business unit to determine mechanical systems requirements and functionalities needed in development projects
- Assess detailed specifications against design requirements
- Utilize development tools to assist or facilitate the development process.
- Responsible for the detailed design documentation, development, unit testing, and maintenance of internally developed applications and externally purchased software products
- Write code for system designs that span platforms
- Write code for enhancing existing programs or developing new applications.
- Write detailed technical specifications for subsystems and identify integration points
- Estimate timelines required to complete programming projects
- Perform unit testing and debugging and set test conditions based on code specifications
- Supports application throughout the Product Development life cycle
- Coordinate with areas for integration architecture solutions and determine the integration approach
- Review applications and make recommendations
- Efficiently handle production incidents, debug/troubleshoot application and infrastructure issues assisting managers and architects
- Experience developing and supporting web-based applications, webservices, and database driven applications
- hands-on experience in application development using C#
- Deep knowledge and experience in writing unit testable software with C#
- Follow and implement best practices.
- Monitor application performance and take steps to improve overall application performance and stability, and follow through with implementation
- Understand application code, deep dive, and conduct root cause analysis of application problems to prevent future occurrence.
- Collaborate with Architecture, development and operations team to ensure availability and reliability of the application and infrastructure
- Fine tune existing code and develop new custom components with automation
- Maintain effective knowledge base to bring faster resolution to production issues and mentor team
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related area is preferred
- Microsoft certifications are a plus
Experience, Skills & Abilities (i.e., technical, knowledge, etc.):
- At least five years of design documentation, development, unit testing and maintenance of internally developed applications and externally purchased software products
- At least three years' experience developing applications using some of the following technologies: Microsoft Visual Studio, .NET Framework, .NET Core, Entity Framework, C#, Angular 7, ASP.NET and WCF Web Services, and ADO.NET, SQL, MVC, REST calls, code to and creation of APIs
- At least three years of developing web services or SOA
- At least three years of working with SQL Server 2010/2014/2016, stored procedures, packages, and functions
- At least two years of iterative software development methodologies (e.g., RUP, Agile, Scrum, etc.)
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and computer science foundations, such as memory management and low-level algorithm performance