About the role: The Senior IT Consultant (SITC) plays a crucial role in providing day-to-day IT operational services to Dataprise customers in the DC metro area. The ideal candidate has strong hands-on technical experience with a keen business sense, exceptional customer service and communication skills, and works well as part of a team.
- An employee focused organization with a casual work environment including fun virtual and in-person events.
- Exponential growth opportunity through continuous learning, job shadow programs, career mentors, annual training allotments, and LinkedIn Learning licenses for all employees.
- Comprehensive Wellness Program including gym membership discounts/subsidies, and Wellness Rewards opportunities.
- A commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) through a multi-faceted DEI Program.
- A focus on work/life balance including telecommute options, 10 paid holidays and 3-4 weeks of PTO.
- Competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including: Top-quality medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family + FREE telemedicine benefits, company-paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and 401(k) with company match.
- Cell phone reimbursements.
- An opportunity to grow, be challenged, have fun and learn from some of the most talented technology professionals out there.
What you’ll do:
- Play a key role with assigned clients as an essential member of the Dataprise Service Delivery team.
- Provide operational oversight to assigned clients to ensure delivery within scope of client agreements.
- Work with clients and technical staff to leverage the technology already in place to improve the efficiency, reliability, and utility.
- Identify opportunities for improvements in infrastructure or services and collaborate with appropriate Dataprise teams to deliver recommendations to clients.
- Assist in the management of technology-related vendors such as internet service providers, copy and print vendors, line of business application vendors, and other service providers.
- Manage the procurement of hardware, software, and other technology services that we recommend, or as requested by client.
- Provide scheduled reporting consolidating your recommendations and information to provide a high level of value, data, and information to our clients and to Dataprise.
- Perform regular trend analysis and help clients identify and plan for remediating lingering issues associated with their technology.
- Coordinate and facilitate scheduled meetings with client Point of Contact (POC) to discuss operational performance.
- If assigned to the Customer Response Team, be the direct manager for one or two Network Consultants and manage their daily activities and workload.
- Coordinate the efforts of on-site and remote staff to ensure the day to day operations are in alignment with the overall strategy and mission of the organization.
- Prioritize the tasks in the opportunity pipeline workload in line with company policies or instructions in force at that time.
- Contribute to standards (“best practices”) development and documentation.
What skills and experience you need:
- Strong business acumen, creativity, and a passion for providing support and advice to an assigned set of clients.
- Experience working in a client facing role and can provide outstanding service and support.
- The ability to multi-task and manage time well, staying on top of multiple priorities at once.
- Proven capacity to intervene in challenging technical and operational situations, determine best possible outcome, and work collaboratively with others to achieve it.
- Adept at communicating with internal and external clients so that all parties are provided with timely updates on deliverables.
- A drive to stay on the cutting edge of technology and knowledge of the latest technologies including: Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange Server, Office365, Azure, VMWare/HyperV, Storage, Ethernet, and Wireless Networks.
- PMI/PMP, Six Sigma, and/or ITIL certifications.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to mitigate conflict.
- Leadership skills and the desire to manage or mentor Network Consultants.
Senior IT Consultant Success Factors:
- SITCs will be measured on several key performance indicators:
- Assigned customer satisfaction and retention
- Service improvement and optimization through service trend analysis and remediation recommendations
- The identification of new recurring, project, and product revenue from their assigned customer base
- The number of pipeline opportunities identified and converted to revenue
- The outcomes of assigned opportunities for improvement (i.e. CSAT improvement, risk mitigation, and the reduction in resource requirements for fixed price support)
- Individual utilization, and the utilization of assigned Customer Response Team NCs, if applicable.
- SITCs will be expected to grow his/her technical and managerial skillsets through regular continuing education, such as partner certifications (Microsoft, Dell, VMware, etc) and attending role-based seminars.