Senior IT Compliance Officer
Less than 5 years experience • Education
Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
General Purpose: The Information Security department is responsible to identify and remediate information technologyrisk for Yale University. The types of risk include, cyber-attacks, compliance, assurance and fraud. Maintains systems to protect data from unauthorized users. Identifies, reports, and resolves security violations. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and two to five years of related experience in an information security environment; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Broad knowledge of information security management, risk assessment and regulatory compliance.
- Understanding of privacy and regulatory compliance (PCI DSS, HIPAA, FERPA) as it relates to information security.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills; well organized and detail oriented; ability to prepare documentation to provide guidance related to compliance with state and federal regulations, and university policies and procedures.
- Critical and strategic thinking and proven ability to use a combination of research, experience, testing and escalation to efficiently find a balance of the most appropriate and cost-effective solution.
- Proven ability to interact with individuals with differing levels of technical expertise (including business, clinical and technical staff, and end users).
- Preferred Education, Experience and Skills: Advanced degree, preferably in a technical field, and four years of diverse project management experience involving technology and/or information assurance and five to seven years of technical computer support, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred Licenses or Certifications: CISA [Certified Information Systems Auditor]; CISSP [Certified Information Systems Security Professional], QSA [Qualified Security Assessor]
Application: and immediate consideration, pleaseapply online at . Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.