Riverbed enables organizations to maximize performance and visibility for networks and applications, so they can overcome complexity and fully capitalize on their digital and cloud investments. The Riverbed Network and Application Performance Platform enables organizations to visualize, optimize, remediate and accelerate the performance of any network for any application. The platform addresses performance and visibility holistically with best-in-class WAN optimization, network performance management (NPM), application acceleration (including Office 365, SaaS, client and cloud acceleration), and enterprise-grade SD-WAN. Riverbed’s 30,000+ customers include 99% of the Fortune 100.
The Senior IT Engineer role reports to the Senior Manager, IT Engineering who focuses on Cloud Enablement & Automation. We are looking for an individual who can design, build, orchestrate, automate, and maintain to help us navigate all our cloud computing needs and everything in between. You should have a firm grasp of Cloud technologies and a passion for infrastructure automation and coding. You will play a key role in our continuing journey to hybrid public/private cloud infrastructure Platforms, Applications and governance for hybrid cloud environment. Should have intimate knowledge of how best to customize these attributes to our business to help us become more secure and efficient.
- Working in tandem with IT hosting, Network Security and Engineering teams to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for infrastructure automation.
- Planning, designing and developing cloud-based application.
- Managing and administer cloud environments Linux/ Windows and Hosting infrastructure in accordance with company security guidelines.
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems.
- Using your extensive knowledge of APIs to design RESTful services, and integrate them with existing data providers, using JSON or XML as needed.
- Lead and develop best practices for larger Cloud Engineer team.
- Building and designing web services in the cloud, along with implementing the set-up of geographically redundant services.
- Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms with primary focus on AWS and Azure.
- Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives and writing SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) to accomplish repetitive tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect a must have. Cloud Security Certification, and/or OpenStack Administrator Certification a plus. (Other cloud-related certification also a plus.)
- Experience with cloud computing, Azure, AWS
- Extensive knowledge of Linux / Windows based systems including Hardware, software, networking, storage and fault tolerant designs.
- Working knowledge of system configuration management tools (SCCM, Puppet, or equivalent) and experience in DevOps setup procedures and process.
- A working understanding of Infrastructure as code and scripts, configuring software defined networking and security configurations, including security groups and ACLs
- Strong experience in developing software using languages such as Java, Python, Perl, Bash and PowerShell Scripting.
- Experience working with OpenStack, Linux/UNIX, Docker, Kubernetes and Microsoft Azure.
- Three to five years’ experience in a Cloud Engineer role or related position.
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC primary on AWS and Azure.
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, LDAP, iSCSI, NFS, SNMP, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Preferred Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores.
- Excellent communication and written skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as required.