We are looking for an experienced IT Business Analyst to join the team at our Buffalo Grove, IL office. If you are a driven, motivated professional seeking a challenging and rewarding position with a great company and work environment, apply today!
Summary: The IT Business Analyst will be the primary liaison between the business, the customers and functional IT departments. The position applies IT and business knowledge and experience to formulate an IT solution or process change to solve a business problem. This role will define, analyze and validate requirements throughout the project lifecycle and also provide ongoing support for issue resolution and enhancement requests.
- Apply in-depth professional experience and broad knowledge of both business and technology to analyze and develop integrated solutions to resolve moderate to complex technical or business issues.
- Identifies, analyzes, and translates business needs into functional specifications.
- Create and maintain high-quality business and functional requirements documentation.
- Prioritize requirements and assess impact of changes on existing systems and business processes.
- Creates test cases and track/report defects.
- Enforces established guidelines and best practices.
- Conducts root cause analysis and assesses risk and required escalation points.
- Participate in quality management reviews as outlined in the project work plan.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 5-7 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst
- 2+ years of experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with SQL/BI/data reporting tools is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to coordinate and assist cross-functional teams in resolving business process and technical issues.
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Strong communication (written, verbal and visual) and interpersonal skills with internal and external contacts
- Proficiency in MS Office tools
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Able to mentor junior level team members in the use of tools and/or systems in the position.