Lehigh Hanson is part of the HeidelbergCement Group, a global leader in aggregates, cement, concrete, and other downstream activities. The Group employs over 60,000 people at more than 3,000 locations in 60 countries.
Lehigh Hanson is seeking a qualified and proven IT Senior Business Analyst (Sr. BA). As part of the Project Management Office, the Sr. BA develops expertise in several business areas and is primarily responsible for translating business requirements into functional specifications and ensuring projects deliver on the objectives and benefits.
This position will reside at the corporate office in Irving, Texas.
This position is perfect for a proven Business Analyst who would like to align themselves with a progressive and growing company to enhance their skills and career. While working in a fast paced, performance culture, you will begin your career with a proven leader in the cement and construction materials supply.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled
What you’ll get to do:
- Involved in requirements gathering and analysis to identify problems and suggest solutions using a systematic, multi-step approach.
- Work cross-functionally to solve problems and recommend changes to technology solutions and/or business processes.
- Collaborate within the project team and other external departments to lead the assessment and selection of technology solutions and vendors, including the documentation and management of proposal requests.
- Understand project objectives and benefits, documents the business case and project charter, including scope, resources and initial budget. Share technical and administrative knowledge to others.
- Drive project success via formal requirements definition, solution design facilitation, and work with business and technical teams to build detailed test scripts.
- Leverage several project management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, and Hybrid) to ensure predictable project success.
- Lead small projects and/or system enhancements.
- Provide support to junior staff.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Who we are looking for:
- Minimally requires education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in an information technology environment.
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a Business Analyst.
- An energetic passion for continuous improvement.
- Strong analytical ability
- Experience working in IT and cross-functional project teams.
- Knowledge of prevalent IT and project management methodologies, system development lifecycles and best practices.
- Prefer Business Analyst or Project Management certification.
- Prefer industry knowledge of construction materials business processes.
- Excellent communication and organization skills, verbally and written.