Senior IT Business Analyst, Oracle Financials in Albany, NY
Albany Molecular Research Inc. provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Senior IT BA will serve as a business partner to the Finance group. The BA, alongside with the business partners, will drive best practices and ways to streamline business processes in Oracle E-Business Suite. The candidate’s responsibility includes delivering enhancement request, providing daily support and expanding the finance footprint to new sites as needed. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of business processes within the Record to Report (R2R).
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
Other duties may be assigned.
Partner with the Accounting & FP&A groups to:
- Assist in day to day operational issues
- Assist in financial closing related system issues
- Translate business requirements into technology solutions
- Create reports as needed from Oracle within the financial and projects modules using tools such as Reports Wand or writing an ad hoc query
- Manage resources from offshore delivery center as it pertains to any customization or complex reports
- Training: provide training to new /existing super users as needed
- Future Rollouts: serve as SME to rollout existing footprint to future sites
- Perform other related duties as may be reasonably assigned in the course of business
Education and/or Experience Required:
- BS required, preferably in a technology or business discipline.
- 5 years of experience in the Oracle Financials modules: General Ledger (GL), Sub-ledger Accounting (SLA), Accounts Receivables (AR), Accounts Payables (AP), Cash Management, Fixed Assets
- Report building experience: Knowledge of the underlying tables of Oracle.
- Experience ad-hoc query tools (Toad, SQLPlus) and a working knowledge SQL queries
- At least one full-cycle implementation or upgrade experience in EBS
- Experience in engaging Oracle Support to research and resolve issues
- Demonstrates the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Accounting/Finance degree a big plus
- Experience in major reporting tool, Report Wand/Gl Wand preferred
- Experience in a budgeting and forecasting tool like Hyperion
- Background in manufacturing or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in Oracle projects module specific to Project Billing, Project Costing