Company / Location Information
Water technology is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world. As a leading global water technology company, A. O. Smith Corporation (NYSE: AOS) is at the center of the trend. We are a $3 billion company with over 140 years of history and 15,000+ employees. Our emphasis is on hot water and clean water; we are one of the world’s largest manufacturers of residential and commercial water heating equipment as well as a supplier of water purification products in a number of emerging countries.
With manufacturing operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China, India, and Europe, we have the reach to serve customers worldwide.
A.O. Smith is committed to continuous improvement and maintaining a culture that values and respects our employees. Recognized by The Tennessean as one of the top Nashville area Workplaces, we have programs in place to help our team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future. If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build an amazing career at A. O. Smith.
This role is located in our modern Nashville Metro Center office, located just minutes from downtown with easy interstate access and free parking.
The Senior Business Analyst-Customer Engagement will use technical and business process knowledge combined with continuous improvement and project management skills to lead complex technology and process improvement projects critical to business success in the customer engagement area.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Lead complex, cross-business unit, cross-platform programs and projects critical to business success from start to finish including scoping, solutioning, deployment, testing, training, change management, communication, and measuring business value
- Become a functional expert on A. O. Smith business processes and drive solutions to business problems through collaboration with analysts, architects, developers, and process experts from other process areas; bridge the gap between people, processes, and technology
- Gather and document systems and process requirements through meetings, workshops, site visits, and job shadowing; create and maintain documentation and process maps on customer engagement business processes and projects
- Develop a deep understanding of and help to shape A. O. Smith’s customer engagement vision and strategy through collaboration and regular engagement with key stakeholders and process owners; translate that vision into actionable technical requirements in SAP or internal portals; and execute on those requirements to meet the goals of the business
- Use continuous improvement skills such as process mapping, A3 development, and value stream mapping to drive for incremental improvements in all processes
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, break high-level requirements into details, and distinguish user requests from underlying needs
- Build strong relationships with business users and managers throughout the customer engagement organization – sales, order entry, warranty, marketing, trade compliance, after-sales support, and other groups as necessary
- Become an expert in SAP SD and learn non-SAP business systems such as Salesforce and internal portals and their interaction with SAP; assist in the support and management of those systems as part of our overall solutions portfolio
- Complete incidents and enhancement requests and keep users up to date on status
- Collaborate with the Master Data Management team to provide input on strategy and initiatives to support management reporting requirements
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of related work experience including experience managing projects
- Capability to execute complex assignments and projects with minimal direction
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to articulate design concepts and solutions verbally and in written documentation
- Continuous improvement skills and mindset including process mapping and A3 development
- Strong relationship building skills, internally within IT and with business users
- Naturally curious with a love of learning, and demonstrated application of new learning
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group from technical experts to business users to executives
- Proficiency in SAP; previous experience with Salesforce a plus
- Must be able to work well in fast-paced, dynamic environment
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology Management or Related Field
Years of Experience
Minimum of 5 years related work experience
Competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs and tuition assistance.