Senior IT Build Analyst, Non - Functional Tester
5 - 7 years experience • Financial Services
The Senior IT Build Analyst provides broad range of research, installation, maintenance, configuration, administration and/or provisioning of systems/applications. May also be involved in deployment and release management activities.
Specifically, this position isresponsible for the planning of all non-functional testing requirements, and provides an overview of therequiredNF-testing to the test execution team to ensure test expectations are met.
• Create non-functional test plans for application, M/W and D/B technologies on project-by-project basis
• Work with application SMEs and architects to understand the non-functional requirements for an application
• Work with functional test planners to identify test cases to validate non-functional requirements
• Understand and document steps to prepare an environment for failover and negative testing
• Ensure data requirements are understood and documented for test execution
• Work with project delivery leads to create a schedule for all non-functional testing
• Communicate to platform owners and LOBs entry and exit criteria for the PAT phase of a project
• Undergraduate degree or Technical Certificate
• 5-7 years relevant experience
• CSTE/CMST certification
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to translate highly technical concepts to our partners
• Excellent coaching skills with a desire to share knowledge with others.
• Solid decision-making, innovation and creativity in solving problems, resolving conflicts and meeting project requirements
• Strong knowledge of the following technologies with regards to non-functional testing: Websphere, Oracle, SQL, DB2, MQ, Unix/AIX, Network (load-balancing/F5), Windows Server cluster
• Be proficient in HP Quality Centre
• Flexible and able to adapt to change easily
• Have strong customer service skills
• Be organized, self-motivated and goal oriented
• Demonstrate sound time management skills
• Have a willingness to take ownership of tasks and see them through to successful completion
• Be proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, VISIO
• Have an excellent understanding of large complex technology Infrastructures
• Strong knowledge of TD infrastructure technology and processes.
• Experience with TD System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Project Management Lifecycle (PMLC) would also be an asset.
• Support Lean approach of metrics, visual status boards, performance dialogues, continuous improvement process