Job Description/ Requirements
Since 1935, Webster Bank has been helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial goals. As a leading regional bank, Webster's strong foundation is built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork, trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!
The Senior IT Auditor performs internal audits and projects under the direction of the IT Audit Manager. Areas of focus include Information Technology & Information Security, including audits on key applications, infrastructure components, processes, and governance. The position provides the opportunity to learn about a wide range of technology and security processes, and to interact with all levels of management across the organization.
- Helps identify risks and controls in processes and develops appropriate test plans.
- Facilitates team meetings and discussions with management.
- Identifies control weaknesses, assesses their impact, and formulates effective, practical recommendations for corrective actions.
- Documents procedures used in each audit through preparation of detailed work papers.
- Communicates and confirms audit results with management.
- Prepares written audit reports to include audit objectives, scope, findings, and final recommendations.
- Actively pursues continuing professional education in line with the department's needs, and personal career goals.
- Promotes knowledge sharing among team members.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with line of business contacts and external auditors
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelors degree in technology and cyber security disciplines preferred
- Professional Certification Required (e.g., CISA, CISSP, CISM, CIA, etc.)
- At least three (3) years of experience auditing (internally or externally) publicly owned financial services companies with a strong focus on information technology areas
- Familiarity with industry standards (i.e., NIST, CIS CSC, COBIT, etc.) and regulatory requirements (i.e., SOX, FFIEC, GLBA, HIPAA, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication, organization, analytical and project management skills .