Kemper’s Internal Audit Department is on a transformative journey to become a best in class department that is guided by a philosophy of adding value and improving the operations of the organization. The team’s priorities are focused on strong governance, transparency, strategic engagement and fostering a diverse and inclusive culture that focuses on people development.
We are looking for an IT Audit Senior based in our downtown Chicago office. This person will help facilitate significant transformational change including implementing digital technologies (i.e. robotics) and expanding and integrating data analytics while working closely with senior leadership and business unit partners as well as leading and performing value additive and impactful audits.
The IT Audit Senior position has a large direct and indirect span of control and will work with Audit Managers in planning, executing and reporting on audits with complex and technical processes. The IT Audit Senior will also assist in assessing controls over, and within, significant strategic projects that may include business acquisitions and technological developments and conversions. In addition, the IT Audit Senior will help identify, implement and drive change within the audit organization as it transforms. This person should be able to think strategically and analytically while engaging in day-to-day tactical details.
Kemper has a proven track record for developing its people for higher roles within the department as well as other functions across its corporate and operating entities. The dynamic work environment at Kemper encourages critical thinking, engaging and empowering audit leaders to work collaboratively with others outside the audit function, and allowing them to achieve their potential, while still enabling work/life flexibility.
• Perform integrated, information technology, and Sarbanes Oxley audits
• Support an environment of learning and continuous improvement
• Maintain a focus on customer service
• Maintain technical competencies
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; concentration in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related discipline.
• 3-5 years of information technology experience, preferably in public accounting, internal audit or related field.
• CISA certification is required.
• Experience in the Financial Services industry, with an understanding of insurance.
• Strong knowledge of auditing and fraud investigations.
• CIA, CPA, CISSP and CFE certification is a plus.
• Working knowledge of IT standards (e.g. ISO 27001, PCI-DSS), frameworks (e.g. COBIT, NIST, ITIL), technical systems and emerging technology
• Experience with using computer assisted audit techniques and data analytics tools
• Ability to travel between 10 – 30%
• Understanding of operational, financial, information technology and regulatory risks and risk mitigation
Our employees enjoy great benefits:
• Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
• Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
• Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
• Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
• Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
• Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
• Get employee discounts for shopping, dining and travel through Kemper Perks.
Kemper at a glance
With $8 billion in assets, Kemper is one of the nation's leading insurers. The Kemper family of companies specializes in home, auto, life, health and valuables insurance products for individuals, families and businesses.
Kemper’s underwriting companies* are rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, the leading insurance industry rating authority. Kemper services six million policies and ranks among the top 25 personal lines property and casualty writers and the 2016 Ward’s 50 Top Performers list of life insurance companies.
*Alliance United Insurance Company is not rated.
We value diversity and strive to be an employer of choice. An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V