Provides internal audit coverage of the IT functions of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City and its branch offices through liaison assignments and audits in order to provide management with an independent, objective assurance designed to identify control weaknesses and recommend improvement opportunities for Bank operations. Assists the Bank in meeting its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
Lead all types of audit attentions, special reviews, and project coverage.
- As an auditor-in-charge, lead audits, special reviews, and/or project coverage by performing the following tasks: assess risks associated with business area; establish audit scope and objectives; develop audit programs and assign resources; manage timelines; provide direction to audit assists through workpaper review and written and verbal feedback; maintain ongoing communications with the audit team, audit management, and client management; determine and communicate audit issues and recommendations to client management; determine if internal controls and processes are effective and develop the overall audit opinion; and prepare written auditreports.
- Assist on audit attentions and special reviews.
- Assists on audits by performing the following tasks: prepare for audit attentions by familiarizing self with business area responsibilities and relevant risks; conduct interviews with client staff and management to understand the internal control environment; analyze data and business processes to evaluate and verify compliance with established policies and procedures; and determines if internal controls and processes are effective for assigned audit steps.
- Prepare accurate, well-written work papers and audit observations for auditor-in-charge and audit management that are in compliance with Division policies and procedures and the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
In addition, performance of key activities will include the following:
- Complete assigned work on audit attentions and other projects within established time and resource constraints.
- Utilize automated audit tools to complete assigned audit work.
- Conduct special projects important to the Audit Division or the District in meeting established goals and objectives, and performs other duties as assigned.
- Identify efficiencies in operations.
- Determine sound courses of action for resolving problems and independently implement decisions.
- Maintain expertise in a variety of IT business areas and superior working relationships with audit clients.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of electronic communications, environmental and operating systems, information security and/or project management.
- Independently develops, runs, or modifies software tools, utilities, or queries for automated audit testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in closely related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or directly related work experience.
- Typically requires six years of IT internal audit or relevant IT business experience.
- Certification is required in one or more of the following; Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Apply competence and skills in performing key activities, particularly related to: sound professional judgment; risk and control assessment; strong written & verbal communication; interpersonal/teamwork; decision making/problem solving; analytical review; initiative and personal productivity; strong customer service; relationship building; knowledge of generally accepted auditing techniques and the Institute of Internal Auditors’ Professional Practices Framework; and computer skills using standard business and audit applications.
- Ability to work independently, lead by example, and adapt to changing situations.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Additional screenings may be required based on level of access.