Req ID#: 11851BR
The Senior IT Assurance and Risk Advisory role executes IT audit projects as assigned. The role assists in preparing risk analysis, planning documents, audit objectives and test plans. The Senior IT Assurance and Risk Advisory role may also contribute, through serving as an audit team member, completing assigned audit tasks under the direction of other Audit team members. The role will provide advice and recommendations to Seniors and Staff as needed to assist in the execution of audit projects.
- Engagement Planning:
Work with audit lead/leadership to develop quality risk assessments for complex and standard audits on a timely basis. Ensure audit programs meet audit objectives. Ensure testing approach is appropriate and efficient to achieve adequate evidence to conclude on the objective. For detailed testing, ensure the sample size meets department sample guidelines. Provide necessary leadership and ensure all members of audit team understand responsibilities and deadlines. Facilitate client preparation. Offer suggestions to improve the planning process.
- Engagement Execution:
Work with audit lead/leadership to ensure quality fieldwork and work papers completion on a timely basis. Ensure all members of audit team are informed of audit status and expectations. Update clients as appropriate. Review work completed by staff/contractors and provide sufficient oversight. Offer recommendations to improve audit fieldwork standards. Provide IT SOX program support and testing.
- Engagement Reporting and Wrap-up:
Review and edit audit reports and deliver to audit management in a timely manner. Ensure the completeness of the audit observation section and accuracy of the disposition. Set up the closing section after report is finalized. Ensure audit surveys are distributed to appropriate clients. Ensure audit tasks are tracked through completion. Track finding remediation and apprise audit management on items that may go past due. Analyze problems, determine appropriate actions, and act in a timely/decisive manner. Work effectively with others by taking direction and being open to new ideas. Maintain productive working relationships within the department.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, MIS or Accounting
- 5 years of experience - Some public accounting experience is preferred One or more professional designations preferred (CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP
- 5 Years progressive audit experience
- Strong knowledge in:
- Internal Control and Audit
- Ability to identify deficiencies (design/operational) and make/support recommendations
- Business Risk acumen
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills and a high level of integrity
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple responsibilities
- Ability to work independently and deal with ambiguity
- Previous experience evaluating emerging technology experience is a plus
Drug screen and background check required.