Senior IT Auditor
Less than 5 years experience • Financial Services
This position reports to the company's Internal Audit Leaders and is a key member to our team. They will focus on the top risks to our company's strategy which include financial, operational and product risks. In addition to providing assurance services, the Senior Auditor I will be engaged in advisory projects aligned to the company’s strategy.
The Senior Auditor I, Information Technology may be accountable for leading sections of audits or entire audits and will have the opportunity to supervise internal staff and co-sourcing resources.
They will plan and execute audits and advisory services designed to focus on areas of top risk to the company and risk mitigation. They are leaders who take ownership, accountability and pride in their work and the success of the team. While the Senior Auditor I for Technology will primarily be responsible for conducting audits of the information technology environment, they must also be willing to expand their auditing skills by learning areas outside of IT such as Finance, Operations, and Risk Management. The Senior Auditor I, Information Technology should have an interest in developing their business knowledge as well as using data and analytics to focus on risk. In addition to performing audits, the incumbent will work on SOX.
- Use the Internal Audit department’s risk and audit methodology, audit processes, reporting and technology
- Ensure business risk is the compass that guides everything we do
- Work closely with audit managers and team members to develop the scope and audit approach for assigned audits to ensure we focus on the right risks and hold the business accountable to the appropriate level of risk mitigation
- Leverage experience and auditing skills to cover a broad range of risks to business, technology and data
- Perform quality of work to ensure conclusions and findings are adequately supported
- Provide subject matter expertise in risk identification and mitigation, including process design and controls
- Work with external audit teams, consultants, and regulators as needed
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Competent knowledge of financial services / IT operations, procedures and policies. Strong familiarity with appropriate business processes and transactions
- Strong knowledge of IT general controls, operating system and database platforms, IT governance processes, IT Risk Management’s assessment processes, Third Party Risk, and IT application control concepts
- Competent knowledge of generally accepted audit standards, Corporate Internal Audit standards, COBIT principles, and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Knowledge of process design and controls testing and proper documentation; Ability to understand how to use data to identify risks
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degreepreferred
- 2-5 years of auditing experience; Big Four public accounting experiencepreferred
- Certified as, or working towards, a CIA, CPA, CISA or FLMI designation
- In order to post for this position, you need the proper work authorization to work in the country where the position is located and not require relocation assistance.