Under the direction of Audit Director, the Senior IT Auditor participates in and leads a variety of internal audit assignments and projects which may include: application audits, IT infrastructure audits, compliance/operational audits, vendor audits, internal investigations, process reviews, internal control validations, risk control assessments and other management requested projects.
• Plan, organize and perform various audit engagements, including leading a team of auditors on individual audit engagements.
• Develop efficient and effective audit objectives, detailed audit programs and testing procedures, as required, for assigned engagements.
• Assess information technology control elements to identify information technology risks regarding the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of CenterPoint Energy business information.
• Prepare for, schedule, and conduct client opening (kick-off) and closing meetings for the audit engagements. Develop accurate and complete audit workpapers that adequately support audit observations and documents work performed.
• Prepare audit points summarizing audit observations and recommendations, and discuss them with Audit Client. Prepare draft audit reports in accordance with Audit Services Internal Audit Policy.
• Effective utilization of automated analysis tools to streamline departmental efficiency and enhance audit coverage.
• Demonstrate leadership by providing consistent on-site audit supervision and development of the engagement team, including both internal and external resources.
• Provide timely and meaningful communications to the Audit Director
• Participate on special projects on an as-needed basis.
• Provide IT guidance to operational audit team members and leverage IT audit knowledge when teaming with operational auditors during integrated audits.
• Provide technical support for financial and performance audits.
• Stay abreast of new or emerging information technologies, products, and best practices.
Bachelor’s degree in information systems, accounting, business administration, or a related field is required.
Minimum of 6 years of experience in information systems. Experience may be a combination of auditing, security, project management, or related fields.
Solid technical skills and understanding in one or more of the following: information security, audit, and governance across Centerpoint systems; including SAP, UNIX, Windows, and Database Management Systems.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of SDLC, general IT controls, and IT control frameworks is desirable.
• Self-motivation and the ability to work without constant supervision.
• Ability to complete analytical reviews, develop customer inquiries and evaluate customer responses. Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time meeting deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal and team-oriented skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and change focus as new information becomes available. Effective oral and written use of the English language.
• CISA, CISSP, CPA, or CIA certification desirable. Project management skills with minimal supervision.
• Able to operate a personal computer, either desktop or laptop.
• Must have the ability to operate a copy machine, fax machine, calculator, telephone, and other office equipment. Must be able to bend and stoop.
• Able to sit and view a personal computer display for long periods of time
• Able to travel long distances domestically in a motor vehicle or airplane
• Out of office travel on average 10%.
• Travel is within the US with typical trip being 1 week in duration.
• Able to travel to various company locations, attend industry or professional association conferences and/or other meetings, and stay overnight as required.
• Able to work in excess of 40 hour workweeks on occasion as needed and may include weekend hours