Be a part of a transformational journey with innovative talent and leading edge technologies?
The TELUS Health Technology Office is committed to changing the way healthcare in Canada works for you, your family, and your loved ones. What part might you play?
We collectively need to find solutions that will benefit all Canadians to meet the challenge of unsustainable rising costs, long wait times and an increasingly older population. Make no mistake, our journey to address Canada’s greatest social challenge of this generation, healthcare, will be long and challenging – but the chance to have an impact on all Canadians and build a new business for TELUS will be worth it!
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
TELUS Health is seeking a Senior Solutions Architect to provide program level leadership for the TELUS Health technology platform. In this role, you will be a key contributor and leader defining and guiding technology transformation that enables the business and technology goals of TELUS Health. You will be a liaison and contributor to a highly collaborative team..
- Enable a strong enterprise architecture governance program including an Architecture Review Board and articulation of a technical reference architecture
- Develop enterprise technology roadmaps to ensure products stay aligned to the technical reference architecture’s common platforms such as API management, Identity, etc…
- Identify areas of opportunity for technology evolution from industry advancements and initiate TELUS Health transformation programs
- Identifying and recommending conceptual, logical and physical architectures and corresponding solution designs aligned with architectural strategy
- Produce solution descriptions and blueprints, assist with development estimates and suggest implementation strategies
- Engage in all phases of project life cycle, from pre-sales to project kick-off through to implementation and client/user Acceptance Testing
- Lead systems analysis and design, system modeling, performance modeling, integration planning and technology, and component selection to ensure architectural consistency and coherence between technical and business processes
- Work with COTS, network and application architects, administrators and developers to implement the product into new and pre-existing infrastructure
- Deliver on strict deadlines and aggressive development schedules; report progress and quality of work to project team and management
- Liaise with internal team members, end users, other systems departments and/or vendors as required; involve others in problem solving, decision making and creative thinking
- Participate in code reviews and code walk-through, to ensure overall technical integrity of application / solution
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years Senior Solution and/or Enterprise Architect experience in enterprise applications and solutions design/development and related B2B environments, including projects with standards based messaging, identity management, registries and security management
- Ability to design and articulate complex technical concepts into executable development work packages
- Self-starter who is able to take ownership and thrive in an independent environment
- Presentation skills to diverse audiences
- Progressive software development experience, developing high-volume, on-line transaction processing applications in a multi-platform, multi-tiered, 24x7 environment
- Expertise in modern development concepts: Micro-service Architecture, TDD, Agile, CI/CD, Backends for Frontends (BFF)
- Certification or knowledge with Enterprise Architecture tools and frameworks (Archimate, TOGAF, Zachmann)
- Strong understanding of web-based application architectures and in-depth knowledge of several e-Business technologies including Application Servers, Portal technologies, Web Services, Middleware, EAI/Legacy Systems, Systems Infrastructure
- Knowledge of web security issues and technologies for authentication, encryption, authorization; privacy and data security issues and legislation
- Working experience in private and public cloud infrastructures, with public Cloud technologies and concepts (AWS, GCP or Azure) experience.Superior understanding of Object-oriented design principles, data modeling/architecture; master in designing software systems at an abstract/conceptual level as well as at a detail level (external design, internal design)
- Experience in progressive technologies such as HTML5, Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes, React, Angular.js, Node.js, Container Orchestration, .NET, APM, Splunk
- Progressive experience working with database technologies: Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, RDS, Aurora, etc…
- Ability in messaging in XML (Schemas, XSLT) and JSON and standard EDI message sets (ANSI, X12, HL7)
- Progressive experience with Enterprise Java Programming and APIs (SOAP and REST)
- Working knowledge of traditional infrastructure: Unix, Windows, Oracle Database Server, Oracle webLogic, webMethods Integration server, MS SQL Server, hypervisor and virtualization, networking
- Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills;
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
TELUS Health is an IT leader in Canada that focuses on the health sector. Our mission is to improve the way information is being used along the continuum of care to better the health of citizens in Canada and in selected countries.