$100K — $150K *
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS’ integrated retirement plan solutions, coupled with a unified outsourcing model, empower you to leverage 25+ years of the industry’s best talent, tech and processes to transform your business, drive more growth, retain more customers and deliver a flexible and intuitive user experience.
What you will be doing
Ensure development is done right the first time and has an understanding of how products relate with other products and ensures interdependencies are in focus. Software Technology Architect – define and maintain architecture principles and standards for FIS application development based on FIS business requirements. Infrastructure Technology Architect – focus is primarily on disciplines of selection, operation, and administration of “commercial-off-the-shelf” (COTS) systems and system software that make up underlying operating environment in support of business processes.
• Dev ops pipelines to OpenShift (preferred) or Kubernetes.
• Financial services solutions.
Good to have:
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Enterprise level written and verbal communication ability.
• Demonstrated ability to document processes and platform architecture into sustainable documents.
• Ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences.
• Ability to simplify complex information.
• Documents and publishes appropriate architecture principles and standards, position papers, blueprints, best practices, patterns and frameworks.
• Defines, constructs, supports and provides training for enterprise frameworks.
• Defines and maintains a library of functional component models within and across FIS product lines.
• Documents functional product solutions for key FIS product strategy and product management initiatives leveraging defined functional component model libraries and the defined product line architecture roadmap.
• Documents functional product solutions for key FIS financial services sales opportunities leveraging defined functional component model libraries and the defined product line architecture roadmap.
• Maintains a catalogue of reusable functional application components consumable across applications and product lines.
• Reviews functional and technical designs to identify areas of risk and/or missing requirements.
• Acts as tie breaker on design decisions.
• Documents and communicates opportunities to leverage inter-project synergies, application and enterprise software or infrastructure asset re-use and opportunities to expose application assets for enterprise consumption.
• Communicates system architecture to technical and business audiences.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Post-graduate education desired.
Requires the following experience or equivalent combination of education and experience as a minimum to enter any level of IT Architect job:
• Must have led technology direction for multiple projects and led or presented architecture concepts outside realm of immediate workgroup
• Demonstrated experience as application development system designer or technical lead on many “very large”, i.e., 10,000 hours or more spanning more than 6 months projects
• May also require one or more of the following experience requirements:
• Five or more years working in a distributed and heterogeneous computing environment (ZOS, UNIX, Windows)
• Five or more years demonstrated experience in working with relational (and/or hierarchical) databases
• Five or more years demonstrated experience in modern software application technologies
• Successful design and implementation of applications in a shared service bureau environment
• Experience in building On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP), batch and reporting systems
• Experience in using Unified Modeling Language (UML) for Object Modeling
• Experience in building robust and scalable infrastructure architectures (telephony systems, network services, web farms, multiple-node systems, etc.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of FIS products and services
• Knowledge of financial services industry
• In-depth knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles including waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
• Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
• Positive outlook, strong work ethic and responsive to internal and external customers and contacts
• Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach
• May require a thorough understanding of design patterns and their application
• May require a thorough understanding of Model-View-Controller design patterns for web applications
• May require a fluency in developing and understanding sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
• May require in-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management, and related infrastructure technologies and practices
Valid through: 7/10/2021