Senior It Architect - Data Warehouse
11 - 15 years experience • Financial Services
Building a World-Class Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. Therapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
The Enterprise Data Architecture team at TD is accountable for defining and establishing the data architecture used across the TD Enterprise for driving business intelligence, analytics, warehousing, reporting, and data integration. The team governs and handles all data architecture across all lines of business in the TD Bank Group across US and Canada.
The team has a focus on several key domains – Big Data Technologies, Sophisticated Analytics, Machine Learning and Insights along with standardized and commoditized Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing andReporting.
The team defines and sets architectural standards for key technologies and platforms that are used by thebroader solution architecture community to deliver consistent designs more quickly. The team also does architecture governance and provides technology direction for a large number of project teams with stafflocated in seven TD locations (Toronto, Mississauga, London, Montreal, Maine and South Carolina) that are in turn supporting all technology spending for data-centric solutions. The mission is to maximize business valueby balancing strategic architectural plans with speed of delivery and leveraging shared infrastructure services and delivering solutions which drive systemic business advantage.
About This Role
The Senior Data Warehouse Architect is responsible for handling architectural standards, patterns and frameworks for Data warehousing and Reporting in the Group. This primarily includes theoversight of the architecture of the Data Warehousing & Reporting platforms and evangelizing standardized patterns and practices used by teams on these platforms.
You have deep skills in the domain of enterprise data warehousing and reporting, as well as knowledge with high scale complexity data stores. You are also highly capable of identifying capability gaps and defining strategic solutions to support a variety of business needs and be ableto deliver quick successes through strong relationships with senior members in both business and technology.
This role also works very closely with the Bank’s emerging Big Data analytics platform. Thearchitecture of the Bank’s data warehouse and reporting platform is backed by a collection ofmodern technologies and you will demonstrate a keen understanding, knowledge and experience in similar technology sets.
The candidate should also have a history of hands-on technical know-how, a critical thinking approach to problem-solving, a sense of urgency and commercial acumen regarding delivery, and exhibit the initiative to identify challenges and solutions independently. Experience in building support and rapport with business and technology communities to drive substantial outcomes willbe highly regarded.
The accountabilities for the role include but are not limited to the following:
- Define and evolve the high level architecture for the bank’s suite of warehousing andreporting platforms, including the definition of roadmaps
- Identify and drive key technology investments to remediate technology and process gaps
- Evolve technology platforms that provide warehousing and reporting capabilities
- Manage proof-of-concepts for bridging gaps in solutions and for adopting new technologies
- Establish and implement standards for data integration and reporting patterns.
- Work directly with project teams to help deliver solutions that increase business results while ensuring TD’s architecture and technology objectives are met
Partner with corporate delivery teams to materially impact and influence TD’s enterprise technology and architecture objectives.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your well rounded skillset in Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence and related work experience can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
- Graduate Degree preferred.
- 10+ years relevant experience.
- Domain knowledge & experience in Data warehousing and reporting platforms, encompassing data model design, dimensional modeling, naming conventions, cross-cutting concerns, common integration technologies, patterns & standards and emerging technologies.
- Deep experience with tools spanning Business Intelligence, Data Marts, Visualization, OLAP cube and common Reporting technologies. Teradata, OBIE, Tableau, Cognos, BusinessObjects and other common industry tools should be second nature.
- Use specialized tools and techniques to develop data model and enhance existing data model. Experience in ETL, data architecture, data modeling, data analysis and profiling, Metadata Management, Reference Data Management and the Teradata Financial Services Data Model considered an asset.
- Contribute to meeting key project achievements and overall project work on time, within budget, and adhering to relevant standards.
- Develop/maintain a proficient knowledge of system development methodologies, key business initiatives/issues, IT implications for systems or technologies and their impact on business solutions.
- Able to multi-task in a very dynamic environment.
- Build effective relationships with peers across the organization
- Able to lead effectively in a highly matrixed environment
- Capable of grasping and challenging low level technical assumptions
- Good communicator: excellent oral, written and presentation skills.