Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
5 - 7 years
Posted 158 days agoby Ronald Parks
Our client, a financial services company is seeking an experienced IT professional to work in the capacity of Senior IT Application Developer to work at their offices, located in Richmond, VA. The chosen candidate will have an opportunity to build a career in investments technology, and participate at the forefront of solutions that streamline and automate the management of the organization?s fixed income assets accounting and Enterprise Data Management (EDM) capabilities. The IT Ecosystem comprises systems to provide global market environments, pricing analytics, trade entry, sophisticated risk management techniques as well as other important investment functions. The ideal candidate will possess strong communications skills and highly technical but also possesses strong client facing skills to collaborate and partner at all levels throughout the Enterprise IT organization. Financial services experience is strongly preferred.
*Support PAM for Investments (PFI) platform, daily/monthly data loads and extraction processes
* Monitor production IT processes and ensure successful completion of daily and monthly runs
* Trouble-shoot and identify root cause of problems when process fails
* Develop code to automate the existing manual processes
* Work independently and in collaboration with offshore & onsite developers, lead projects
* Code and maintain custom or canned reports, system interfaces and extracts
* Provide technical expertise in designing, documenting and coding new business initiatives
* Ability to translate complex business requirements to optimal technical solutions
* Develop technical and functional test plans and scripts to validate the successful design, development and implementation of system and reporting deliverables
* Maintain and enhance VBA/Excel solutions
* Contribute to prioritization and stewardship of customer projects, goals and expectations
Best Industry ? Banking, Financial Services
Best Department ? Information Services
Bachelor?s Degree in a Computer Science or finance or accounting related discipline is required.
5?7years of experience as an Application Developer is required.
3Years of application supportexperience is required.
2Years of Financial System exposure is mandatory in this role.
Proficient in Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) such as Oracle or SQL Server
Proficient in data transformation (ETL) tools such as Informatica, SSIS or equivalent system
Working knowledge of scheduling software, XML files
Experience in writing complex SQL statements, JAVA or VBA scripts, batch files
Experience in developing and/or supporting Accounting, Finance or Investments systems
Experience translating functional business requirements to technical specifications
Software development experience in an agile team is preferred.
Experience in PL/SQL (Oracle) or T-SQL (Microsoft SQL Server), Data Warehouse, ETL, Markit EDM, Business Objects, UNIX shell scripting or Hadoop framework components
Experience in developing systems using Java, C#, .NET, Perl or C++
Experience in or working knowledge of investments accounting systems PAM/PFI
Experience in working with securities & reference data feeds, such as Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, S&P, Moody?s, IDC, Markit or similar is preferred.
Experience in and working knowledge of financialreporting and investments accounting principles
Have project leadership ability and business acumen
Ability to deliver effectively in a fast pace environment
Strong communications skills (Verbal, written and interpersonal) are required.
US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply. No H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.