EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries—EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems— EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what’s possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
Hughes and EchoStar Company is seeking a Senior Windows Desktop Support Engineer to join a highly skilled team that provides IT support and standardized workstation imaging and application management services.
- Build and maintain all Windows 7 and Windows 10 workstations and laptops images via Microsoft SCCM and document configuration and deployment checklists
- Manage, support and maintain all workstations and laptops custom applications via Microsoft SCCM
- Ensure desktop complies with security policies, by deploying and maintaining Desktop security applications and resolve issues related to workstations and laptops including security issues i.e. virus, spam etc.
- Perform desktop migrations and troubleshoot issues related to these updates
- Manage Bit Locker Full disk encryption for laptops and tablets
- Diagnose hardware, software, and operator problems and take remedial actions or recommend procedural changes.
- Research and resolve the most difficult and complex problems that other Help Desk levels have been unable to resolve
- Update Active Directory for computer accounts, user accounts, distribution lists and security groups
- Maintain accurate and timely inventory of all hardware within the defined inventory system
- Recommend new desktop standard and configuration to keep current with Microsoft support
- Provide technical recommendations and guidance to customers and junior desktop engineers
- Deploy Microsoft Security Updates Enterprise wide and supervise the installation of fixes, enhancements, and upgrades to supported systems via scripting or Microsoft SCCM Current Branch
- Test and schedule third party patches and updates for all client machines (Microsoft, Adobe, etc.)
- Package software and design distribution methods for the installation and procedures of all desktop operating systems and approved software
- Implement advanced scripting using multiple scriptinglanguages and technologies when needed
- Develop documents, communicate, and enforce policies for standardizing systems and software including Workstation, laptops, cell phones, and tablets.
- Document regular maintenance, troubleshooting, and technical procedures as necessary
- Develop and maintain training materials
- Create Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documentation
- Administer all desktop and network printers and print servers.
- Support McAfee Anti-virus solutions for desktops and Beyond Trust for application management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems
- MCSA required
- 5+ years supporting MS Windows 10, 8, 7 & XP; building system images using Ghost and Microsoft SCCM; Apple OS; MS Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and Office Pro Plus; MS Surface, HP, Dell or IBM workstations & Laptops; financial applications; deploying workstations and laptop refresh; full disk encryption for laptops and desktops
- License or certification: CompTIA
- Working knowledge of Cloud (Azure) based Microsoft services.
- Experience with Windows Automation.
- Experience with VB and Power Shell Scripting.
- Experience with Group Policy Management.
- Experience with WMI.
- General knowledge of Active Directory/Global Catalogue, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Strong knowledge of WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, DNS and related troubleshooting.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.