The Senior IS Operations Consultant is responsible for providing senior level strategic consulting and planning services with the IT Service Management Department. This person is recognized as a content and industry expert in IT Service Management (ITSM) and ITIL best practices, processes, strategic technology planning, and developing cost effective solutions around processes to meet customer business requirements. This expertise will have system-wide influence and will impact technology, change management, program/project management, technical quality management, process improvement and other Information Services specific technical or administrative areas in order to develop and implement strategic business and/or technical solutions. The essential duties of the Senior IS Operational Consultant include the following:
- Provide decision support to administration, business/clinical areas, department directors, and managers to support strategic and operational business or technology decisions.
- Uses in-depth knowledge of business and industry to assess current systems, practices or procedures, identify areas of opportunity and develop strategic recommendations to address those opportunity areas resulting in technical or business solutions that are cost effective and meet business requirements.
- Serves as the highest-level internal consultant, providing recommendations, coaching, and training on technology, organizational change management, program/project management, technical quality management, and process improvement.
- Develop organizational change management plans, and schedules in line with organizational strategic initiatives.
- Partner with key ServiceNow stakeholders (Business Groups, ITSM Process and Development resources) in the capacity of implementations, process improvements/re-engineering through adoption of ITIL and ServiceNow Out of the box best practices to enable service enrichment and user experience including, but not limited to the following ServiceNow ITSM processes & applications: Change, Release, Incident & Major Incident, Problem, Request Fulfillment, and Service Catalog
- Effectively facilitate strategic planning and design meetings to help identify business/technical strategies and corresponding system and solution needs required to support those identified strategies.
- Re-engineer technical and business processes for greater efficiencies with significant benefit to the Organization.
- Partner with various stakeholders to approve or gather requirements and develop strategically aligned proposed designs; including: mock-ups, use cases, process scenarios and process flow diagrams
- Lead the development and implementation of standard processes and activities related to organizational change, operational improvement, integrated and end-to-end testing.
- Develop improvement initiative plans and lead or supporting related efforts
- Develop training content and deliver to various IS audience groups
- Conduct regular communications (verbal and written) with IS and Business resources at all levels
The ideal Senior IS Operational Consultant must have strong project management and organizational change management skills, strong critical thinking and analytical skills. The ideal Senior IS Operational Consultant will have Service Management Consulting experience combined with ServiceNow mobile capabilities and experience with the following ServiceNow applications:
- IT Business Management (Project, Portfolio, Demand, Agile Dev, Test Mgt)
- ITOM (Orchestration, Discovery, Service Mapping)
- GRC (Policy & Compliance, Risk)
- Location/Facility – Baylor Scott & White Health, Dallas For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
- Specialty/Department/Practice – Information Technology/NOC
- Shift/Schedule – Full-time, days
- Benefits – Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level. Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 7+ years of related work experience required